what kind of hat is patterson hood wearing here..

Started by fortbethel, May 12, 2011, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

The kind that makes you write contrived lyrics, become a pretentious douche that has his pulse on the political landscape and kick Jason Isbell out of your group because he writes better songs than you??????

;D

I kid, I kid, I love ole' Patterson.  Some of the lyrics though.

I remember me and my buddy met him outside a show one time and my buddy asked him if he was a Alabama football fan and he was all like "no man, I'm way to creative and intellectual to be interested in sports"   

In all seriousness I'm guessing that's the coffee house redneck hat.... not sure where to find it.  Probably custom made.
There's Still Time.........

mjk73

capt. scotty

it looks like a hat somewhere in between a hat Timberlake and Indiana Jones would wear
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

Quote from: sweatboard on May 12, 2011, 06:10 PM
The kind that makes you write contrived lyrics, become a pretentious douche that has his pulse on the political landscape and kick Jason Isbell out of your group because he writes better songs than you??????

;D

I remember me and my buddy met him outside a show one time and my buddy asked him if he was a Alabama football fan and he was all like "no man, I'm way to creative and intellectual to be interested in sports"   

In all seriousness I'm guessing that's the coffee house redneck hat.... not sure where to find it.  Probably custom made.

pretty strong non serious statements..contrived lyrics and pretentious?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

chaqueta sucia

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 12, 2011, 09:17 PM

;D

pretty strong non serious statements..contrived lyrics and pretentious?

Patterson Hood is one of the best story tellers in all of music in any genre.  He is never going to be on VH1 or MTV as a cookie cutter style artist like so many in modern music are............but that is the very reason why I love him and listen to his stuff daily.  There is a realness to him that is really missed dearly today in music.

Tracy 2112

;D

Brian, you are starting to sound like an old fart (like me).

Welcome   :)

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.