...is it wrong to laugh about "Into the Woods"??

Started by Bluefluff, May 13, 2011, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluefluff

Hi, folks,
I got a virtual slap in the face at last.fm the other day because I found "Into the Woods" funny. :o
I know that it has quite dark lyrics (a kitten on fire, a baby in a blender) but I always imagined it as black humor in the kind of Monty Python. And the live version I saw at youtube also seemed to be quite funny with the "Viking choir" on the side of the stage...
So how do YOU feel about this song? :-\
...open your mouth, here comes the spoon...

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Bigsky

Quote from: Bluefluff on May 13, 2011, 09:09 AM
Hi, folks,
I got a virtual slap in the face at last.fm the other day because I found "Into the Woods" funny. :o
I know that it has quite dark lyrics (a kitten on fire, a baby in a blender) but I always imagined it as black humor in the kind of Monty Python. And the live version I saw at youtube also seemed to be quite funny with the "Viking choir" on the side of the stage...

I have always enjoyed "Into the Woods" and I have always found it to be a bit dark & funny...with the visuals from the lyrics to the carnival music. It was great to hear it live at T5.

Tennessee Jed

I've loved it from first listen...almost has a David Lynch vibe to it.

BigHerm

DaFunkyPrecedent

I like to masturbate while listening to the line "A Good Showerhead And My Right Hand
The Two Best Lovers That I Ever Had." But I'm usually crying, not laughing, when this is happening.
God damn those shaky knees.

halesdd

Quote from: Bigsky on May 13, 2011, 10:06 AM
Quote from: Bluefluff on May 13, 2011, 09:09 AM
Hi, folks,

I have always enjoyed "Into the Woods" and I have always found it to be a bit dark & funny...with the visuals from the lyrics to the carnival music. It was great to hear it live at T5.

I have only seen them play it once and that was at City Hall in Nashville back in 2006 (maybe it was 2005).  Anyways, it was a fun song played live that I think the band really enjoyed.  Wish they'd play it more often.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

BigHerm

That venue was nice. Fucking Urban Outfitters.