Jim On Sirius/XM Monday 5/23

Started by manicfanatic, May 18, 2011, 10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

For those who can't hear... it just started. Victory Dance "was shown to him by the universe" after LASIK surgery... apparently, the little vocal flourish at the beginning was the first bit he had in his head, and the rest grew from there.
In another time, in another place, in another face

capt. scotty

holy fuck is victory dance awesome
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

EasyRyder

He needs his own radio station. Jamesian smoothspeak on the radiowaves makes for a great afternoon- lovin this!!

:dankk2: ,Yimmy
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

The DARK

Circuital is about how everything comes back around to same place where it started... he mentions how the vibrations from this record are "circular" as opposed to "triangular" on Evil Urges.

The DARK

The Day Is Coming composed in the Louvre, apparently!

Clarkwork

The Day is Coming is one of my early favorites!!  Love the melody
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

capt. scotty

Quote from: Clarkwork on May 23, 2011, 04:21 PM
The Day is Coming is one of my early favorites!!  Love the melody

pretty cool...so far I think they have found this "happy medium" of a sound in between Z and EU.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

The DARK

The band attempted to record Wonderful (The Way I Feel) in many different ways for Evil Urges, but playing it acoustic so often made it feel natural that way... reminds him of being at the country fair.

The DARK

Outta My System was the Muppet story... you know, given how wild the Electric Mayhem band was back in the day, I suppose the drug lyrics may not have been so out of place after all  ;).

The DARK

Holdin' On To Black Metal- "kind of a joke and kind of serious" about your grandparents calling black metal the devils music, but also about holding onto something for too long when it's time to move on. Friends in Louisville provided the backing vocals.

capt. scotty

Outta My System sounds like Two Halves cooler brother...I wish they took it up a notch and jammed it out towards the end, but still solid.

Clarkwork

yeah loved his description of Black Metal.  Holding on to stuff too long when it's time to move on...

capt. scotty

Black Metal was the first tune I'll need to listen to a lot more to know how I feel about it...I got a psychedelic vibe from it though which might be a first for MMJ

The DARK

First Light slowly worked it's way up from an underrated demo into something that everyone liked. It's just about "finding your inner light."

capt. scotty

First Light is gonna jam live

The DARK

You Wanna Freak Out just about letting yourself freak out.   :)

Clarkwork

Keep giving updates on what he says, I have a meeting to go to :(

EasyRyder

Quote from: The DARK on May 23, 2011, 04:44 PM
You Wanna Freak Out just about letting yourself freak out.   :)

New favorite from the album. sweet sweet pedal steel from heaven....
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

The DARK

Slow Slow Tune is the "lead-up" to the end, was originally earlier in the record. Jim considers it the "grandfather" of the record, looking back at all the earlier songs.

capt. scotty

This album is awesome but far, far too short..Cant believe theres only 1 more song!