Main Menu

MMJ on House

Started by kjl194, May 18, 2011, 11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjl194

Did anyone else watch House on Monday night? 

Victory Dance was featured in one of the scenes.  Thought that was pretty cool

Season 7 Episode 22 for reference

BH

Oh that's just fucking great.   House watchers are getting more action than me.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

e_wind

some of us are just late bloomers?  ???
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

SaraBananaBear

Saw it, loved it, yaaaay!  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: BH on May 18, 2011, 12:19 PM

;D
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

johnnYYac

I don't normally watch the show, but BOOM, there it was, a well edited version of Victory Dance.  It worked really well. 

I just worry that some were turned off watching House shoot himself up with a bunch of anesthesia before using a scalpel on his thigh. 

"Funny, now whenever I hear Victory Dance I throw up a little."  :P

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

TGMC421

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on May 18, 2011, 01:46 PM
Quote from: BH on May 18, 2011, 12:19 PM

;D

;D ;D

The 31st cannot come soon enough!!

youreveningcoat

Ha that episode is on tv in my country in a month!
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

TEO

Since I have not heard VD did not even notice...just watched it yesterday...wish I would have seen this thread before my deletion!  :D
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

capt. scotty

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 18, 2011, 11:10 PM

Did they say this on the show?!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

Quote from: capt. scotty on May 21, 2011, 07:16 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on May 18, 2011, 11:10 PM

Did they say this on the show?!
No, no.  ;D  I just worry that some will associate the song with the scene of self-surgery. 

CTdeadhead

Heard it, loved it!!  So caught me off guard, damn it was a pretty gruesome scene but it worked, it really seemed to fit!

MMJ_fanatic

Apologies for the repeat thread here:
http://www.mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=14506.0
I went looking in "The Music" for a mention and started one there, guess its just  as applicable here.  I saw the episode and nearly shat myself considering there's still a few days till the disc drops.  I wonder who at FOX knew the ultimate coolness of this track and insisted it go into the episode (especially considering it was probably filmed weeks ago)!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

johnnYYac

SPOILER ALERT!  Attention Circuital Virgins!  This YouTube video contains the edited version of Victory Dance from the recent episode of House.  Also, it is me holding a digital camera in front of my flatscreen, so its subpar quality.  For the curious, enjoy.  For the dedicated and chaste, proceed at your own risk.

Victory Dance (My Morning Jacket) on House

Dillsnufus

slow slow tune was on American Dad. a few sec but defintely it. they still had a mmj poster in stan's listening room.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

youreveningcoat

Quote from: Dillsnufus on May 23, 2011, 12:01 AM
slow slow tune was on American Dad. a few sec but defintely it. they still had a mmj poster in stan's listening room.

That show loves this band :)
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

mahg33ta

In case anyone's wondering how this came to be- I have a family member who lives in LA and is responsible for picking music for many popular TV shows.   I love talking music with her as she's so knowlegable being immersed in this stuff all day every day.   But it wasn't until she was back home for the holidays this year that I cornered/pestered her about MMJ and why she didn't use them.   Her answer was that they were super well regarded/respected but just hadn't had the opportunity.   But she went back with a semi-promise to make it happen if at all possible.   I told her by this time next year something should have happened or don't come back to Boston  ;D ;D I kept up the barrage of weekly reminders - I can be pretty annoying/persistent when necessary - until I heard this was a done deal.    So obviously the credit goes to her, not me, but I do take some pride that this happened at least in part because of me. 

There is another TV show she works on that I am still pestering her about, and that there's still hope, but can't say too much about yet.

tdb810

i heard this story on a balcony in alabama from a blogger who is known to all of us :)
very cool indeed!
.....Back at the Model Home