You Wanna Freak Out (Whole Song)

Started by MyJacket18, May 23, 2011, 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyJacket18

So NPR is streaming the entire album, including the full version of You Wanna Freak Out.

Listen to it here - http://www.npr.org/2011/05/22/136462209/first-listen-my-morning-jacket-circuital#playlist

I was sort of hoping this track would freak out & clock in at a little longer than its 3:20 run time. I've really gotten to a great place with this album and am at the point where I absolutely love at least half of it. But it seems like You Wanna Freak Out (or lack thereof) is going to compete with Outta My System for the weakest track on the record.

Anyone else out these hoping for something more from this track to send Circuital maybe surging to another level? Or are most of you happy as it is?

Regardless - I'll be up @ Mountain Jam in NY to take whatever MMJ has to give. Lookin forward to hearin them freak out on some new tracks.

The DARK

I admit that it sounded like there was more that could have been done with the end of the song... I was kinda hoping it would spill over the top into a big, The Bear-esque ending section. However, it packs a lot of punch and build in its short runtime. That guitar breakdown sounds great as well. I love it, and can't wait to hear it live.
In another time, in another place, in another face

AlbertNiles

Love this song.  Easily one of my favorites on the album.

ralph

You wanna freak ou-out come on!

Love it!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

halesdd

Quote from: AlbertNiles on May 23, 2011, 04:03 PM
Love this song.  Easily one of my favorites on the album.

Agreed.  I believe some had it built up in their head too much of what it would become after the cut off.  I love the screeching guitars and the piano playing through at the end.  Flows much better into Slow Slow Tune now that you hear the whole thing.

Quote from: MyJacket18 on May 23, 2011, 11:31 AM
But it seems like You Wanna Freak Out (or lack thereof) is going to compete with Outta My System for the weakest track on the record.

Outta my system is another one I really love.  Opinions are subjective I guess but your weakest are some of my strongest.  Just an amazing album.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

ChronicHunger

God damn that guitar breakdown. Fist pumps all around

el_chode

Quote from: ChronicHunger on May 27, 2011, 01:56 AM
God damn that guitar breakdown. Fist pumps all around

I think you mean the shaky knees. I don't hear a guitar in there at all, all I hear are the most beautiful sounding buzzsaws slicing through my ear drums.
I'm surrounded by assholes

CodyT3212

This is officially my favorite song on Circuital. Mmm...its so warm and chillllll.  :)