Main Menu

The Antlers

Started by debbie, May 23, 2011, 04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debbie

I'm loving their new album!  And looking forward to seeing them on the 31st in SF.  An exciting day it will be!!

If you haven't checked it out yet, you should!

The Antlers - Putting the Dog to Sleep (w/ lyrics)

The Antlers : Rolled Together (Live) @ Music Hall of Williamsburg

OMG, I love them.   :o

Peace!
Touch me I'm going to scream.

debbie

capt. scotty

I listened to the new one once a week or 2 ago..I liked it, but it didnt grab me quite like Hospice. I'll have to revisit it at some point, theres just a lot of good music coming out now
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

debbie

I felt the same way about Burst Apart at first, but it's been growing on me and now I love it.

Ghosts_on_TV

Listened so some of the new one. Hospice is great, but its like the saddest album ever made. Saw them about a year ago open for The National and they were really good.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Crispy

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on May 23, 2011, 09:01 PM
Listened so some of the new one. Hospice is great, but its like the saddest album ever made. Saw them about a year ago open for The National and they were really good.

Man, I'm with you on Hospice -- it's good, but damn, I felt lucky to walk away from it. Good thing it wasn't the first thing I heard from them or I might not have given them another chance without thinking I'd need a hotline number handy.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

kotchishm

Just listened to the new album and it's great in my opinion. 
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

debbie

I think Hospice is a great album.  And I'm always a sucker for depressing/moody/emotional songs.  I've always been a big Smiths fan for that same reason.  They make me feel better about my own problems.

It may be a bit soon to tell since I've only heard it a few times through my computer speakers, and it needs to grow on my a bit more, and I never EVER thought I'd say this... but I may end up liking Burst Apart better than Circuital.   :o  This is not a great place to say such a thing, I know.   LOL...We'll see.... 

Regardless, MMJ will always be my favorite band to see live.

:beer:  Cheers!

EverythingChanges

I just grabbed Hospice. I like what I hear so far.

In my iTunes library, hospice is listed right about Funeral from Arcade Fire... Um. Yeah.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Northern Neighbour

This was in my top-10 albums of 2011.  The Antlers get better and better with each album.  Great band.

bigloop

Yep.  Great stuff for sure.  Didn't love Hospice right out the gate, but it was love at first listen with Burst Apart (a top-10 album for me that year).  And last year's EP Undersea is just floaty spacey goodness.  If Undersea is their "new direction", we're in for a treat when a new album comes out.   

Anyone see them live yet?

Ghosts_on_TV

Hospice is great, but goddamn, it's like the saddest album ever.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Jackets N Pones

What do y'all think about the new album?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Ob1jacobe

I love the new one.  It took a few listens for it to connect with me.  I really like the use of the horns.  I am not sure how I would rank their three albums, I really love them all.