Best parts of Evil Urges & Circuital: The album that should have surfaced..

Started by fortbethel, May 25, 2011, 01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fortbethel

The Day Is Coming
Highly Suspicious
Librarian
I'm Amazed
Touch Me #1&2
Victory Dance
Circuital
Black Metal
Sec Walking
Cobra (a short version) I know it's off a much earlier EP. Please don't jump me

The DARK

Dude, the reason you get jumped so much is because most of the time your posts belong in threads that have already been started. Our moderator CC puts a lot of time and effort into making sure the forum stays in ship shape, and he shouldn't have to baby your posts. It's not that you're not allowed to have a different opinion, it's that we're all big on forum etiquette here and most of the time you don't show that. We've all got different opinions, but we post here because we want to see everyone else's, too. Try responding to other people's opinions instead of just stating your own; you'll find this place gets a lot friendlier that way.

There's no other thread here about mixing Evil Urges with Circuital, so there's nothing wrong with your post. Be aware that a lot of us aren't going like this topic, though; calling it the album that "should have surfaced" makes it sound like you know how to make better albums than the band does, and that comes off as disrespectful. Just giving you a heads up about the wording.

Responding to your topic: in all seriousness, I agree that these are all great songs, sound good together, and would probably make a neat playlist. However, Evil Urges and Circuital came out of recording sessions 3 years apart, and at heart have different (and sometimes entirely opposite) concepts. Mixing them dilutes the concepts behind them, so I prefer to listen to them separately.
In another time, in another place, in another face

youreveningcoat

Quote from: The DARK on May 25, 2011, 02:57 AM
Dude, the reason you get jumped so much is because most of the time your posts belong in threads that have already been started. Our moderator CC puts a lot of time and effort into making sure the forum stays in ship shape, and he shouldn't have to baby your posts. It's not that you're not allowed to have a different opinion, it's that we're all big on forum etiquette here and most of the time you don't show that. We've all got different opinions, but we post here because we want to see everyone else's, too. Try responding to other people's opinions instead of just stating your own; you'll find this place gets a lot friendlier that way.

There's no other thread here about mixing Evil Urges with Circuital, so there's nothing wrong with your post. Be aware that a lot of us aren't going like this topic, though; calling it the album that "should have surfaced" makes it sound like you know how to make better albums than the band does, and that comes off as disrespectful. Just giving you a heads up about the wording.

Responding to your topic: in all seriousness, I agree that these are all great songs, sound good together, and would probably make a neat playlist. However, Evil Urges and Circuital came out of recording sessions 3 years apart, and at heart have different (and sometimes entirely opposite) concepts. Mixing them dilutes the concepts behind them, so I prefer to listen to them separately.

Woah he said don't jump him...

And yeah how could it "should have surfaced" I don't even think that's possible. Maybe in the future when there is a "My Morning Jacket: Greatest Hits"
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

wolof7

not to be snarky here but you do know that you can make that album if you want....itunes and other progrums allow you to make playlists where you can mix up the songs of any albums you partially like to create a new and better album for you and yours to enjoy w/o the filler....hell we don't even need greatest hits albums any more!!!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee