I'm freaking out, COME ON

Started by el_chode, May 27, 2011, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Everyone who had a negative thing to say, thank you so much. I don't know if you lowered my expectations or what, but I got my copy today and I'm blown away. This is the greatest thing I've heard in such a long time. Song order = perfect. Mixing = perfect. The songs themselves = perfect.

Not a skippable song on the whole shabang.

That is my review
I'm surrounded by assholes

The DARK

Quote from: el_chode on May 27, 2011, 08:32 PM
Everyone who had a negative thing to say, thank you so much. I don't know if you lowered my expectations or what, but I got my copy today and I'm blown away. This is the greatest thing I've heard in such a long time. Song order = perfect. Mixing = perfect. The songs themselves = perfect.

That is my review

Best review I've seen so far.
In another time, in another place, in another face

ralph

So glad to have waited and heard this for the first time on a nice system turned up loud, beer in hand and giving it my full attention.

I avoided reading the leak reveiws to not have any preconceived ideas of what the songs would sound like.  Going back over those threads know just makes me shake my head in total bemusment.  Were some of these 'reviewers' even listening to the same music we recieved?  Get the sense that a lot of the first few posts were simply 'must get an opinion out before anyone else so I look cool'...  ::)
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

capt. scotty

Its a fuckin great album. Haters gonna hate...nuff said
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Crispy

Absolutely great fucking record. Agree with everything said here already, though I was lucky enough to avoid pretty much every opinion put forth. People had negative reactions to this?  ???
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Crispy on May 28, 2011, 12:08 AM
Absolutely great fucking record. Agree with everything said here already, though I was lucky enough to avoid pretty much every opinion put forth. People had negative reactions to this?  ???

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/entertainment/51892880-81/band-album-efforts-jacket.html.csp
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

wolof7

Wolof's review = the album is great

favs thus far:
1) You Wanna Freak Out
2) Victory Dance
3) The Day Is Coming
4) Black Metal

First light is slowly creepin up there to. My fiancee states hands down Circuital is her favorite.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

el_chode

Quote from: Dillsnufus on May 28, 2011, 01:58 AM

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/entertainment/51892880-81/band-album-efforts-jacket.html.csp

"I'm too busy trying to listen to the new Kings of Leon to write a full paragraph about an actual band with talent"
I'm surrounded by assholes

lucylew

Quote from: el_chode on May 28, 2011, 09:47 AM

"I'm too busy trying to listen to the new Kings of Leon to write a full paragraph about an actual band with talent"

That was freakin' awesome! :beer:

darkglow

you wanna freak out is my #1 favorite track from MMJ of all time. It's embodes the "virgin roll call" banter that's been going on for the last month since the leak got out.. i know now that the band or the management i should say intentionally leaked the album with the way "YWFO" is cut

darkglow

My Morning Tube top

I'm still waiting on my Vinyl feeling like I live in a different world right now. I have not heard the whole album. Hoping it comes today!

Music Critics save the world with their judgements lol

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: el_chode on May 27, 2011, 08:32 PM

That is my review

the funniest part is a lot of the criticism is coming from n00bs with less than 50posts.  this album is undoubtably the balls.

ManNamedTruth

What does SLC know about music, they're a bunch of Mormons.  ::)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on May 28, 2011, 02:53 PM

What does SLC know about music, they're a bunch of Mormons.  ::)

SLC Punk Trailer
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

bigkidfallsdown.com

Quote from: wolof7 on May 28, 2011, 07:41 AM
Wolof's review = the album is great

favs thus far:
1) You Wanna Freak Out
2) Victory Dance
3) The Day Is Coming
4) Black Metal

First light is slowly creepin up there to. My fiancee states hands down Circuital is her favorite.

My favs as well. Listening to the vinyl yesterday changed my perception of the whole album. The Day is Coming is so goooooooood.
11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

Randall

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff link=pic=14630.msg258031#msg258031 date=1306608456

the funniest part is a lot of the criticism is coming from n00bs with less than 50posts.  this album is undoubtably the balls.
It is a well know fact that the most highly-regarded critics are those who spend all of their time posting on internet forums.  ???

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Randall on May 28, 2011, 07:25 PM
Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff link=pic=14630.msg258031#msg258031 date=1306608456

It is a well know fact that the most highly-regarded critics are those who spend all of their time posting on internet forums.  ???

no, but it makes sense that people who have been into the band for less time than say, almost everybody else here, that they wouldn't understand what up.  and yes, I definitely think people who spend tons of time on this message board know far more about the band than people who do not. 

Randall

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on May 28, 2011, 07:31 PM
Quote from: Randall on May 28, 2011, 07:25 PM

no, but it makes sense that people who have been into the band for less time than say, almost everybody else here, that they wouldn't understand what up.  and yes, I definitely think people who spend tons of time on this message board know far more about the band than people who do not.
I just recently joined this forum, but I challenge you to a true fan-boy-duel.  I know the band personally, am the inspiration for the song "Wonderful Man" and have loved the music of MMJ since 1962.
But seriously - I worked outside in the sun all day and am in a ball-busting mood this evening.  I get what you were inferring with your generalization.

Honest Man

Here's my two cents

1.) Victory Dance
2.) Circuital
3.) Black Metal
4.) First Light
5.) Wonderful
6.) Slow Slow Tune
7.) The Day is Coming
8.) Movin Away
9.) You Wanna Freak Out
10.) Outta My System
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.