MMJ on Jimmy Fallon 6/7

Started by kotchishm, May 31, 2011, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

halesdd

Fucking DVR!!!  I only got to watch about half of it till DVR cut off. 

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

Jaimoe

Good performance, but they never went for the jugular. Jim looks like he's put on a few pounds.

buymycar

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jun 08, 2011, 11:55 PM
Good performance, but they never went for the jugular. Jim looks like he's put on a few pounds.

Maybe a few too many peanut butter pudding surprises?

halesdd

I watched the VH1 storytellers then watched Okonokos in the same night and am suprised how much he's put on.  Not a big deal or anything.  Just noticed he's been loving the munchies a bit much.

BH

Haven't we all?

21 everything stays in place
41 some things start to fade
Well when you're so young, you wanna be older
And when you're older, you want the body you have now
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Quote from: halesdd on Jun 08, 2011, 10:22 PM

You gotta remember to add 2 or 3 minutes to those things.  My recording of Storytellers was cut short, so I'm recording the 90 minute version on Saturday night with extra time added to the end.  Look for recording settings and the drop menus.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BigHerm

Quote from: halesdd on Jun 09, 2011, 10:56 AM

I watched the VH1 storytellers then watched Okonokos in the same night and am suprised how much he's put on.  Not a big deal or anything.  Just noticed he's been loving the munchies a bit much.
I noticed this too when watching Fallon. Then again, I could stand to shed about 25-30 so I can't say anything  ;D

halesdd

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 09, 2011, 11:36 AM
Quote from: halesdd on Jun 08, 2011, 10:22 PM

You gotta remember to add 2 or 3 minutes to those things.  My recording of Storytellers was cut short, so I'm recording the 90 minute version on Saturday night with extra time added to the end.  Look for recording settings and the drop menus.

Yeah and I typically do.  But I was running late for work that morning and remembered last minute to set the DVR because I wouldn't be home that night.  Oh well.  It rocked pretty nicely for the half I saw.

Quote from: BH on Jun 09, 2011, 11:27 AM
Haven't we all?

21 everything stays in place
41 some things start to fade
Well when you’re so young, you wanna be older
And when you’re older, you want the body you have now

Very well said.  Another difference that I've noticed as of late is that he always wears long sleeves, trench coat/jacket (guess he didn't take it off from that morning  ;D) of sorts and on Okonokos he was wearing short sleeves as he often used to do.  Wander what made him change that.  Again, not that I really care but just some subtle observations.

jo_mama

I put that Jimmy Fallon circuital appearance up there with the Conan Obrien OBH and the Letterman Gideon. I mean right there!!

slappymoe

so am i the only one who thought jim's voice was sounding kinda rough?  seemed to be a strain in there that you rarely hear from him.  hope he's not over-doing it.

and as for gaining weight, it's amazing that any of them can gain weight considering the physical effort they put into their shows.    that's gotta burn some calories.

petemoss

It did sound rough.
But I imagine that song is just BRUTAL to sing.
He is straining even on the record, imo.
That's a hard song to sing, even for Jim.

kotchishm

Does anyone know if the episode is on Hulu or anything? 
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

bandbench6306

I was on the band bench right behind them! It was awesome! And then some friend of my uncle's who I've never met or even heard of who works there and took me backstage! It was awesome!
*I FREAKING TALKED TO YIM.* It was only for like two seconds, but he complemented my Preservation Hall tshirt. They were clearly in a rush to get out of there, so I didn't gush or anything. And Carl walked right past me as I was trying to say something to him, but whatever. It was so cool.
6/3/06 (openers, PJ)
10/22/10 (Z)
6/7/11 (Fallon)
12/14/2011 MSG
1/7/2012 (PHJB)
7/28-29/2012 (NFF)

Jaimoe

Quote from: jo_mama on Jun 09, 2011, 01:33 PM
I put that Jimmy Fallon circuital appearance up there with the Conan Obrien OBH and the Letterman Gideon. I mean right there!!

The Conan performance made me an immediate fan and I bought It Still Moves the next day. I didn't race out to get Circuital today. Good performance, but not "One Big Holiday".

halesdd

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jun 09, 2011, 11:08 PM

The Conan performance made me an immediate fan and I bought It Still Moves the next day. I didn't race out to get Circuital today. Good performance, but not "One Big Holiday".

Wait, you haven't gotten the new Circuital CD yet?!?

Jaimoe

Quote from: halesdd on Jun 09, 2011, 11:35 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Jun 09, 2011, 11:08 PM

Wait, you haven't gotten the new Circuital CD yet?!?

Nope. Heard 4 songs, two I like. I'll get it soon, but then again, I got rid of EU not long after I bought it.

Penny Lane

Quote from: bandbench6306 on Jun 09, 2011, 07:42 PM
I was on the band bench right behind them! It was awesome! And then some friend of my uncle's who I've never met or even heard of who works there and took me backstage! It was awesome!
*I FREAKING TALKED TO YIM.* It was only for like two seconds, but he complemented my Preservation Hall tshirt. They were clearly in a rush to get out of there, so I didn't gush or anything. And Carl walked right past me as I was trying to say something to him, but whatever. It was so cool.

good for you!  sounds like you're still on cloud 9.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: kotchishm on Jun 09, 2011, 03:49 PM
Does anyone know if the episode is on Hulu or anything?

full episode here (most late night shows have videos and whole episodes up for awhile) you can skip past stuff to MMJ, also has a link for You Wanna Freak Out.
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/tuesday-june-7-2011/1332427/
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

slappymoe

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jun 09, 2011, 11:43 PM
Heard 4 songs, two I like. I'll get it soon, but then again, I got rid of EU not long after I bought it.
why?  was it taking up too much space?

sundari

He could get Preston Lacy sized, and I would still burn for him  :D
Don't think about all those things you fear.
Just be glad to be here.