The worst MMJ song?

Started by Jahmazed, Jun 06, 2011, 08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleabag

Quote from: Crispy on Jun 08, 2011, 01:42 PM
I figured since BH posted finally here, I could too. I will probably be shunned for this, but I've never really enjoyed Old Sept. Blues. The "never were a drawback, always were an asset" lyric is awkward, and some of the harmony makes my head tilt (which could be the point).

Also, I really don't want some of you people wandering the earth not knowing how to spell "fellate." Go ahead, call me a Spelling Nazi -- or blow me.  ;)

That's funny--I hadn't considered that lyric was awkward.  Sounds like he's writing a letter of reccomendation for a roadie... :)
...words only got in the way

Crispy

Quote from: fleabag on Jun 08, 2011, 03:49 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Jun 08, 2011, 01:42 PM
I figured since BH posted finally here, I could too. I will probably be shunned for this, but I've never really enjoyed Old Sept. Blues. The "never were a drawback, always were an asset" lyric is awkward, and some of the harmony makes my head tilt (which could be the point).

Also, I really don't want some of you people wandering the earth not knowing how to spell "fellate." Go ahead, call me a Spelling Nazi -- or blow me.  ;)

That's funny--I hadn't considered that lyric was awkward.  Sounds like he's writing a letter of reccomendation for a roadie... :)

Yeah, I should have included the words "to me" after "awkward," because obviously there will be plenty of people who disagree with that.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

Quote from: CodyT3212 on Jun 08, 2011, 01:30 AM
Thank You Too. During the chorus I picture a vast field of Christians with their arms raised in the air, praising their Lord for all of his kindness and knowledge. I mean, I have nothing against religion, nor do I think this song is directly about God, but it just sounds corny and...worship-y?

If youre looking at it from this angle, Look At You strikes me more along those lines than Thank You Too
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons