Main Menu

RIP Jack

Started by TheBigChicken, Jun 03, 2011, 09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

Jack Kevorkian dead at 83. Damn 8 years in prison for helping people die that are suffering :-\ Watched my mom die every day for over a year and it still chokes me up thinking about how much she suffered
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Tracy 2112

"Is there a God? Yes, there are Gods but they are created by men or women; they are created. Western mythology is what we have. I prefer greek mythology, frankly, and I'm not much interesetd in that."

yeah, I was a big Jack Kevorkian fan and loved to hear him speak of his philosophy. It's amazing (and sad) how he was marginalized by our society into some caricature of a raving lunatic (Dr. Death) when he was the opposite.

It's amusing (and sad) to watch Neil Cavuto try to pick Kevorkian apart at the end of this interview, asking him if he is a "miserable guy" and starts to psychoanalyze (which is perfectly legit, since Cavuto is the Business news anchor at Fox   :-\ )

Jack Kevorkian : Dr. Death - "I Am Honest And Is There A God ?"
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

kydiddle

This saddens me, too. We're so afraid of everything in this country and still verrrrry Puritanical in our values. Of course death is at the top of the list of things that frighten us. So how do we react? We stifle anyone who thinks outside the box. In my eyes, he only helped people and shouldn't be vilified.

And TBC...I'm sorry to hear that about your mom...
Cow temperature.

capt. scotty

Phew, I thought Nicholson died...you scared me man. I CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

That said, I do support PAS and am surprised it hasnt gotten further in the legalization process yet.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

wolof7

This country's issues with death is messed up....I work at a hospital, what that man did was a necessary service...the man was an Armenian hero. RIP Jack
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

capt. scotty

Quote from: wolof7 on Jun 03, 2011, 05:41 PM
This country's issues with death is messed up....I work at a hospital, what that man did was a necessary service...the man was an Armenian hero. RIP Jack

True that..cheers to a fellow Armenian!  :beer:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

the_wizzard

Again, another reason why I love Oregon.  We have had the Death with Dignity Act in place since 1994.  It was voted on by the people of Oregon (twice) and upheld in the Supreme Court.  The western view of death is downright ridiculous.  It is so taboo, something that happens to us all and touches us all throughout our lives.  IMO, to understand and accept death is to fully understand and appreciate life.

capt. scotty

Yeah, Im pretty sure that Oregon is the only state to have legalized PAS. It defnitely was the first.

wolof7

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 03, 2011, 06:20 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Jun 03, 2011, 05:41 PM

True that..cheers to a fellow Armenian!  :beer:

Can't claim to be one myself Capt Scotty but my kids will be half Armenian and they will learn  great stories of love and loss from their grandparents of the most forgotten genocide of the 21st century.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee