MMJ on Jimmy Fallon 6/7

Started by kotchishm, May 31, 2011, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

Quote from: bandbench6306 on Jun 09, 2011, 07:42 PM
I was on the band bench right behind them! It was awesome! And then some friend of my uncle's who I've never met or even heard of who works there and took me backstage! It was awesome!
*I FREAKING TALKED TO YIM.* It was only for like two seconds, but he complemented my Preservation Hall tshirt. They were clearly in a rush to get out of there, so I didn't gush or anything. And Carl walked right past me as I was trying to say something to him, but whatever. It was so cool.

dude i saw you there. that shirt is pretty awesome.

Jaimoe

Quote from: slappymoe on Jun 10, 2011, 03:57 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Jun 09, 2011, 11:43 PM
Heard 4 songs, two I like. I'll get it soon, but then again, I got rid of EU not long after I bought it.
why?  was it taking up too much space?

Gave it away. I don't like it (some good songs though), but I saw two shows on the EU tour. One was alright and one was killer. I'm really struggling with MMJ right now. I'm concerned the magic is leaving for me, but I know Jim has great songs in him after the very strong MOF album.

halesdd

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jun 10, 2011, 07:55 PM
Heard 4 songs, two I like. I'll get it soon, but then again, I got rid of EU not long after I bought it.

Gave it away. I don't like it (some good songs though), but I saw two shows on the EU tour. One was alright and one was killer. I'm really struggling with MMJ right now. I'm concerned the magic is leaving for me, but I know Jim has great songs in him after the very strong MOF album.

Strange how some can listen to the new album and struggle for renewed passion and others are reinvigorated by the new sound. Hope you find your renewed passion for them bro.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

Jaimoe

Quote from: halesdd on Jun 10, 2011, 10:22 PM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Jun 10, 2011, 07:55 PM

Strange how some can listen to the new album and struggle for renewed passion and others are reinvigorated by the new sound. Hope you find your renewed passion for them bro.

Thanks. I'm worried. One of my oldest friends is a new convert and he described the new album as middle of the road... and HE is middle of the road. Not a great vote of confidence.