Main Menu

help

Started by WSS2, Jun 09, 2011, 12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WSS2

so I have 25 bucks to use in the MMJ store - which poster is everyone's favorite out of those available?  Would like to hear some people's opinions

walterfredo

well I've been a HUGE Jay Ryan fan for years and have a ton of his art.  So my choice would be the Milwaukee print.  You really have to see one of his prints in person to appreciate it.  I also really like Jake Early, have several of his pieces...most of which are non music related.  He did the Tempe poster.

mahg33ta

Walter Fredo couldn't have answered it better.

If you are picking based on personal preference, than of course just scan through them and grab what jumps out at you.   The Jay Ryan is probably the most "valuable" of the remaining posters there (many others sold out) but that shouldn't be a driving reason.   His stuff is very cool.

I too am a big Jake Early fan.   So there's two there on the list - the Tempe as Walter said, and the Tuscon.   The Red FAce on Tuscon is more pronounced and cooler in person (not as impressive on the web store).   FYI my avatar is my favorite MMJ poster of all-time and is a Jake Early.

That said, I look through the others and like them too - it's a tough decision.   Randy Fung is a cool guy and worth supporting.   This is obvious, but the only ones to for sure stay clear of are those 2010 show prints.   They are awful and I can't imagine you'd buy them anyway.   Those are the only posters I've ever felt pained about buying whilst doing so (I am trying to put together a complete set, so felt compelled, but boy there were a lot of them, and they look the same except for colors).

walterfredo

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jun 09, 2011, 02:37 PM
FYI my avatar is my favorite MMJ poster of all-time and is a Jake Early.

....and for a show that was cancelled and never happened.  :'(  Still bitter about that one, we had plane tickets purchased and suite at the Hard Rock.  Oh well....