Main Menu

Dubstep..

Started by davymac, Jun 09, 2011, 07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davymac

I know I'm probably about to get flamed haha but just wondering, how many of my fellow MMJ fans actually like dubstep?  I love MMJ more than anything in the world but I am guilty of liking some dub...I have seen bassnectar 4 times, skrillex now, and going to see doctor P and flux pavilion tomorrow in Atlanta

youreveningcoat

Gosh their names are weird
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

Sidus

Dubstep Penguin

A brother of a friend of mine is a dubstep producer/dj or whatever you call it :P. I don't really like dubstep. One or two songs at a party are okay and can be fun, but dubstep-only gets a bit annoying imo. Just not really my taste I guess.

Devnik is his artist name:
Devnik & Lowan - Outsiders

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

my friend jon is really into electronic music, goes to the clubs around here (detroit/pontiac,etc) and he's been telling me these places have been over ridden with dubstep dj's.  he can tell the difference between it and other electronic music much easier than I.  I'll get some recommendations from him for ya, he certainly knows what up. 

he sent me this song to recommend:  http://www.mediafire.com/?hbgb0965badu2d4

e_wind

all my friends love electronic music. i hate it. i got enough of it Wakarusa for a lifetime.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

davymac

Quote from: e_wind on Jun 12, 2011, 01:29 PM
all my friends love electronic music. i hate it. i got enough of it Wakarusa for a lifetime.

haha so true...I got PLENTY at waka, when I'm in the mood I like to womp but I have heard bass in my head when I try to sleep after waka...

e_wind were you at front right on the rail for MMJ? I met several people there just for MMJ but dont know if any of them were forum members

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: e_wind on Jun 12, 2011, 01:29 PM

I love some of it.  hate some of it.  the variations between genres is really fuzzy to me but some people can tell the difference between techno and dubstep.  Jon says Drum n Bass is where it's at tho.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Goldie - Timeless

I think these are considered drum n bass. the last 3 are.

davymac

yeah i would consider those drum and bass...some can be really sweet but some drum and bass doesnt do it for me.  Same for dubstep really, but I will always have a good time at a bassnectar show...I really liked EOTO at waka too

sticky, i like that pressure drop, never heard of dieselboy

also, to really do dubstep justice you have to have some serious sound equipment, and when it is on point it can be alot of fun

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

my friend looooves dieselboy.  he said it's like death metal drum n bass.