Main Menu

Cults

Started by capt. scotty, Jun 10, 2011, 07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Anyone else been listening to their debut album?? Its pretty much had me since first listen for the last week +. Not really the type of tuneage I usually listen to, but its a perfect summer album with a ton of hooks. Definite 60's pop vibe with a little something different.

Go Outside by Cults

Cults - Bad Things

OH MY GOD by Cults

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

That first song has some hippy musical vibe going on. Think Hair. It also reminds me a bit of Fifth Dimension. Ever seen any of those Euro '60s themed Stella beer commercials? This song would fit right in.

kotchishm

I love the album.  My least favorite song is "Go Outside" and that's what put them on the map last summer haha. 
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

capt. scotty

Quote from: kotchishm on Jun 13, 2011, 08:52 AM
I love the album.  My least favorite song is "Go Outside" and that's what put them on the map last summer haha.

I wouldnt call it my favorite, but its closer to that end than a dislike. That said, I dont think I dislike any song on the album, havent skipped anything yet, a few just stand out more than others so far.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjk73

Hmmm. This might grow on me. I looked at Sleigh Bells the same. Really didn't like it as it just grated on me, now I adore it.

buaawwww

Oh I thought this was devote to THE Cult...

Nevermind...  :o

Clarkwork

Yeah I really like the Go Outside song.  Not sure if they still have it but Amazon had a free download of this song last week.  Try to get it, it's a great song.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

mjk73

Quote from: buaawwww on Jun 21, 2011, 09:53 AM

Yeah, they are not this

The Cult - Spirit Walker (Live on the Jools Holland show)

buaawwww

Quote from: mjk73 on Jun 21, 2011, 04:22 PM

Yeah, they are not this

That's what I'm talkin' about!

CTdeadhead

Quote from: buaawwww on Jun 21, 2011, 04:42 PM
Quote from: mjk73 on Jun 21, 2011, 04:22 PM

Yeah, they are not this

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Like the Astbury version better!