STEAM ENGINE.

Started by suzanne, Jun 10, 2011, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzanne

STEAM ENGINE. UNBELIEVABLE TONIGHT GENTLEMEN. I HAVE THE BIGGEST GRIN ON MY FACE RIGHT NOW!!!! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D LOVE YOU BOYS!!! THIS : SONG GETS ME EVERY TIME :-*

capt. scotty

Steam is starting to get overplayed...I think Im gonna start a new bandwagon that thinks Strangulation is their best epic jam.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ericm

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 11, 2011, 06:43 PM
Steam is starting to get overplayed...I think Im gonna start a new bandwagon that thinks Strangulation is their best epic jam.

Surely you jest about SE! :o

That's like saying you're getting laid too much,just ain't possible,imo.  ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

youreveningcoat

That's like saying that Steam Engines not My Morning Jackets best epic jam!

...oh wait
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

kotchishm

I like Steam Engine but Strangulation! is my favorite MMJ song. So I add myself to that bandwagon
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

e_wind

Steam Engine and Strangulation are the two songs that I consider my favorite depending on which one I heard last. I'm fine with either one at anytime.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Murph

Strangulation

this is easily the best video on the entire world wide web

Bigsky

Steam Engine is incredible and I will never get tired of it, but if I was ever to hear Strangulation live...man, I would not be able to move. Strangulation & Dondante are the two track that just hit me...there are so many emotional visuals I receive when I encounter these vocal and instrumental wonders.

Crispy

Strangulation did indeed wipe me out on October 19, 2010.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Clarkwork

There should be a college course called Steam Engine.  Where you spend the entire semester disecting the song and realzing that it is about as perfect as you get.  I don't think it's overplayed at all, it's a song that whenever I hear it, I stop what i'm doing and just enjoy.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

capt. scotty

Yeah, baby...the Strangulation bandwagon is alive and well!!!!  :thumbsup: 8)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

davymac

I like strangulation, but I think all yall forgot about cobra...I started a cobra chant in my area at waka, would love to hear a 24 minute live version of it! that would be sickkk!

Bigsky

Quote from: davymac on Jun 14, 2011, 12:26 AM
I like strangulation, but I think all yall forgot about cobra...I started a cobra chant in my area at waka, would love to hear a 24 minute live version of it! that would be sickkk!

I think you forgot that this thread was about Steam Engine... :P

Clarkwork

At this concert, did he play the guitar behind the Fact my heart is beating part like he did at the Unstaged concert? I love how they changed it up a bit and did that.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

JacketGal

Steam Engine is epic and will always be EPIC!

However, if you're looking for a different epic tune, listen to I Think I'm Going to Hell on Okonokos!

Oooh Boy.  :D
But seein you feels good, and its always understood.
That anything much sweeter would make me die.

gardenparty

please add War Begun and Nash to Kentucky to the discussion.

if i were ever to get a Steam Engine, Strangualtion, War Begun, Dondante, Think i'm going to Hell and a Nashville to Kentucky...i think that i would die

capt. scotty

Quote from: gardenparty on Jun 14, 2011, 05:14 PM
please add War Begun and Nash to Kentucky to the discussion.

if i were ever to get a Steam Engine, Strangualtion, War Begun, Dondante, Think i'm going to Hell and a Nashville to Kentucky...i think that i would die

When the Strangulation bandwagon dies, next up is War Begun  :thumbsup:

jaye

Although I am eternally grateful that MMJ played War Begun and Where to Begin in LA last year,

please oh please oh please keep Steam Engine on the set list - at least for one more week!  I've never heard it live.    :(

(I'd be pretty happy with Strangulation too :))

Im The Dude

Quote from: jaye on Jun 18, 2011, 09:34 PM
Although I am eternally grateful that MMJ played War Begun and Where to Begin in LA last year,

please oh please oh please keep Steam Engine on the set list - at least for one more week!  I've never heard it live.    :(

(I'd be pretty happy with Strangulation too :))

Wow Strangulation live is one of the best songs I've heard them play live. i really love steam engine....I only wish I could hear it done acoustic. but I doubt that'd ever happen again.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11