Victory Dance/Circuital = Greatest two linked tracks of all time.

Started by Running Oz, Jun 11, 2011, 11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Running Oz

Can we all just agree that the subject line of this post is a true statement by any measurable reason of fact?   ;D
Is there a Doctor in the house tonight?
Waterfront Park '08, KFC Yum Center '10, The Palace '11

sundari

Usually linked tracks bug me (both for the fact they are nearly always played together on the radio, and then on the rare occasions they aren't it feels like something is missing), but these two definite belong together.
Don't think about all those things you fear.
Just be glad to be here.

e_wind

I am not a fan of linked tracks at all. When jacket links tracks live they get into a groove where they can never unlink them. It becomes repetitive.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

rincon

Quote from: Running Oz on Jun 11, 2011, 11:18 AM
Can we all just agree that the subject line of this post is a true statement by any measurable reason of fact?   ;D
Doesn't come close to side one of Dark Side of the Moon. Pick any 2 consecutive songs. Radios favorite is Heartbreaker/Livin Lovin Maid.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Tracy 2112

While I appreciate the effort, there are better ones, IMO.

Check out just about the entire Who album Quadrophenia or Tommy

Off Springsteen's The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle, Incident on 57th Street > Rosalita

Back in the USSR > Dear Prudence

and then McCartney would do it in 1 song, sort of like how MMJ did Cobra, with Band on the Run and Admiral Hulsey.

there's more...

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Jackets N Pones

Smokin from Shootin > Touch Me Pt. 2 > Good Intentions is also strong! :thumbsup:
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

mike

Quote from: Running Oz on Jun 11, 2011, 11:18 AM

Way to show you have some real perspective on things.

DewieCox

DSOTM
The Wall side A
The Song Remains the Same>Rain Song
Sgt Pepper's>With a Little Help From My Friends

VD>Circuital is a fine transition, just not over the top amazing to me. In my imagination I could see it being better with The Day Is Coming following Victory Dance.

The DARK

I was about to agree with this post wholeheartedly... until I read the thread and realize that Incident->Rosalita still trumps it.  :-X
In another time, in another place, in another face

capt. scotty

This thread jus made me realized how overrated Pink Floyd, and DSOTM, are.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Crispy

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 13, 2011, 08:18 PM

Man, between this and your assertion that Steam Engine can be overplayed, I'm beginning to think you've lost it.  :-\
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

Quote from: Crispy on Jun 13, 2011, 08:39 PM

Man, between this and your assertion that Steam Engine can be overplayed, I'm beginning to think you've lost it.  :-\

;D

The Steam thought was kind of tongue in check (kind of)...Ive never really been much of a Pink Floyd fan though so take that for what it is
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Crispy

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 13, 2011, 09:46 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Jun 13, 2011, 08:39 PM

;D

The Steam thought was kind of tongue in check (kind of)...Ive never really been much of a Pink Floyd fan though so take that for what it is

I did figure that about Steam Engine, but I thought I'd flip you some more shit. Yeah, Floyd's not for everybody, just EVERYBODY WHO LIKES GOOD MUSIC.  ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

don't be ignorant.

Goose24

el_chode

I'm not much of a Pink Floyd fan either (I think the Wall is overrated). DSOTM is one of music's most perfect albums.
I'm surrounded by assholes

rincon

The Wall is highly overrated, and I was 9th row center to the first of only 14 ever live shows in the US. When I play Steam Engine to people who have never heard of MMJ they usually compare it to Pink Floyd.

lasvegas

Is there a doctor in the house tonight?