NPR On Point, June 15th: My Morning Jacket On “Circuital” And More

Started by Bigsky, Jun 15, 2011, 07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

For those who listen to NPR...and for those who don't...

"Fresh from Bonnaroo, we're talking with Kentucky rockers My Morning Jacket.
Guests: Jim James, Lead vocalist, guitarist, and primary songwriter for My Morning Jacket.
Tom Blankenship, bass guitarist for My Morning Jacket.
Patrick Hallahan, drummer for My Morning Jacket."

http://onpoint.wbur.org/2011/06/15/my-morning-jacket

NPR is always filling the circuits with MMJ... :thumbsup:

EasyRyder

sweet!! Did you find an airing time?? I'm not too familiar with specific shows of NPR....

:dankk2:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

mahg33ta

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

sweatboard

Great Interview. Thanks for the link.  Jim says they are playing Nashville in July or August.  I'm not seeing that listed anywhere.  Am I missing something?
There's Still Time.........

Anu

That was so, so good!

I didn't quite digest the remark about a Nashville show, since we don't see one on the schedule just yet.  Looking forward to hopefully being in town & available when they do announce.

ryno11111

I thought I heard him say they will be in Nashville in August or September.  There is a wide open range of dates between August 21st and September 17th.  Basically a whole month for them to play in Nashville.  Perhaps a 15, 20, or even 25 day residency at the Ryman? 

EasyRyder

Quote from: ryno11111 on Jun 17, 2011, 10:32 AM
Perhaps a 15, 20, or even 25 day residency at the Ryman?

Should we just go ahead and start a Roll Call??  ;D
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

MMJ_fanatic

Hilarious story in the wake of this NPR show:  I'm down here at my Dad's Cape home for Father's Day and yesterday afternoon he comes out of the blue with," So what's happening with MMJ?"  and I'm like,"Huh?  Wha?" and he's like, "You know--Mr. Jim James, Mr. Blankenship, Golden..." and I'm like, "Where's this coming from?!?"  Finally I get it out of him that he was in the car and caught this show on the 15th and I said, "oh you mean 'On Point'!"  Then my sister (9 years my elder and owner of their library courtesy of me) says, "Oh yeah I listened to that too!" '
Now you have to realize my Dad is 86 and grew up on swing and jazz and I would never expect him to latch onto anything outside his on musical sphere, but he gave "Golden" 2 thumbs up.  Guess he was listening when I fervently extolled he musical bliss that is our sacred group of Kentuckians  ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.