I will no longer buy merch from MMJ site

Started by bicyclejoe, Jun 18, 2011, 08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bicyclejoe

After multiple emails to TopSpin and Band Merch, I have yet to get a reply about my warped Circuital vinyl and ripped Roll Call poster. Sad. So much for supporting the band directly. I'll support my local record store from now on.

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Jellyfish

I got this email about the warped vinyl:
QuoteDear Discerning Vinyl Consumer,

As you are no doubt already aware, the manufacture and distribution of high-quality phonograph records is a highly-nuanced and sometimes tricky business that is subject to any number of vicissitudes as the finely grooved discs travel along the path from their origin to you, the listener.

It has come to our attention that an unfortunately high percentage of folks who purchased the "Deluxe Box" edition of My Morning Jacket's Circuital discovered a most unfortunate condition of warpage on one or both of their green 12" LPs. That is why, in order to guarantee maximum value and listening pleasure, new pairs of brand-new, warp-free green LPs are being mailed out to all purchasers of the "Deluxe Box" free of charge. So watch your mailbox. And hold on to your gatefold sleeves and jackets, folks, you'll be needing those for your new discs.

We offer our sincerest apologies for this unfortunate circumstance, and we thank all of our partners in manufacturing and distribution for working hard to help us correct the situation. They all remain committed to delivering top-notch goods and we're glad for that.

We thank you for your patience and for giving us a chance to make things right. And enjoy the green LPs, we think they sound fantastic.

Sincerely,

ATO Records
© My Morning Jacket

So it looks like they are gonna replace everyone's vinyl that bought the box set,which I think is more than satisfactory to me.As for your poster please remain patient.With all the warped vinyl issues it may take them awhile to replace your poster and I bet they will.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Dillsnufus

i was hoping cobra from t5 too but this will do. ;D
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: bicyclejoe on Jun 18, 2011, 08:45 PM
After multiple emails to TopSpin and Band Merch, I have yet to get a reply about my warped Circuital vinyl and ripped Roll Call poster. Sad. So much for supporting the band directly. I'll support my local record store from now on.

wow really? just look at ghost's post. to me they're exceeding in doing everything they can to fix the problem. maybe you should've checked your e-mail again.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Bigsky

Quote from: bicyclejoe on Jun 18, 2011, 08:45 PM

:'( :embarassed: :'( :-\ :'( :P

searchinbig

They do take a while to get back to you. I sent my email on May 31, and they just got back to me last week. In the past I have had the same experience, but they do seem to eventually work it out. Hope they take care of you.

If you read above, they are saying they will replace ALL purchased, so you may just get a surprise in the mail.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."