My "I Will Sing You Songs" painting.

Started by DejaView2011, Jun 19, 2011, 11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DejaView2011

Back in last June when we began the journey to relocating to Virginia, I started buying furniture and art for what I was planning to be my most important and artistic creative statement in our new home. The theme I decided on was CIRCLES. (This was LAST JUNE. Long before Circuital and it's themes of completion and cycles came into play.) and I set about ammassing everything needed to create the environment that to me would signify completions of cycles, evolution unending, progression and infinity. The main color was Blue, for it's cooling and calming nature.
        This picture was one of the very first things I aquired. The more I sit and stare at it, I find it's story comes to life. And it speaks best when I play "I will sing you songs" while pondering it. It just says it all.
       The main protagonist is making beautiful music that has his lover, the animals around them and even the air itself consumed with Love and Admiration for him. And even though he is completely surrounded by this Love, he's still got one eye on you, the viewer, pulling you in, serenading you as well. As he seduces us all with his gentle and soothing melodies, all is perfect, all is well and all are in harmony with one another. Creating a perfect moment of Love, Music and Life.
           When I listen to "I will sing you songs", I feel this is what Jim does to me and all who are within earshot of this sweet and sensual piece of musical exstacy.
                        Does anyone else see this?
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

davymac

That's a beautiful painting! The blue is very soothing and calming so I can see why "I will sing you songs" goes well with this...I'm sure I would appreciate it even more in person, congrats on your art purchase!

EasyRyder

Awesome! What a beautiful fit...I love associating otherwise unrelated ideas/objects to songs, and this one is so great.

The first thought that came to mind was that scene in the "This Is Not America" documentary when Jim says something along the lines that love and playing music are the two best/most important feelings he experiences in life.

The musician/lover in the painting seems to fit that profile rather perfectly   ???  :thumbsup:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

kydiddle

This is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing. I love how the face on the left is connecting with the other one but looking out at the same time. Lovely. Where did you find this?
Cow temperature.

DejaView2011

Quote from: kydiddle on Jun 20, 2011, 12:10 AM
This is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing. I love how the face on the left is connecting with the other one but looking out at the same time. Lovely. Where did you find this?
At a Modern Furniture gallery in Ft Lauderdale FL. called CONTRAST. They have all kinds of one of a kind artist oddities.  It's also where I found my coffee table. It's a solid steel repro of the HR GIGER Alien under the glass holding it up. And on close inspection it's made completely out of Harley Davidson motorcycle parts (shocks, exhausts, cogs, flywheels, etc..). Needless to say it weighs a TON! It's going in the center of the downstairs octagon vinyl listening lounge with green LEDs inside it lighting it from within. SPOOKY COOL!

ChiefOKONO

DejaView2011

I really do hope that by the Charlotte NC show ill connect with some great peeps here. I'm not joking about wanting to host at my home. Even a MMJ barbecue the day after would be great! The entire house is done next week, the octagon lounge is done and the Harley bar is done. The recording studio starts getting wired up this weekend and the pool table/gameroom is done! Whew! There's now a designated viewing and vinyl audiophile room downstairs as well that's spectacular. Anyone going to alpharetta and Charlotte who would like to join in the festivities hit me up. It will be food, drink, all MMJ all day, and much merriment.