Death is the Easy Way-whispering in the song?

Started by Clarkwork, Jun 19, 2011, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

I have been listening to At Dawn all day. Kind of my fathers day relaxing music.

On death is the easy way, does anyone hear the whispering over the verse that says take some time...right after the harmonica break?  Anyone figure out what he is saying??  I've heard the song a million times but just heard the whispering part today. Or am I going insane??.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

jonmayo15

It's definately there. I know there's some whispering in Heartbreakin' Man and possibly on some other early tracks as well.

scosby2

Quote from: Clarkwork on Jun 19, 2011, 08:54 PM
I have been listening to At Dawn all day. Kind of my fathers day relaxing music.

On death is the easy way, does anyone hear the whispering over the verse that says take some time...right after the harmonica break?  Anyone figure out what he is saying??  I've heard the song a million times but just heard the whispering part today. Or am I going insane??.
no you aren't going insane...never been able to figure it out either...off the record is like this too although you can make out a couple of those words...or at least i think i can

e_wind

if you listen to off the record backwards you can make it out (seriously)
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Clarkwork

Glad I'm not going crazy then. You can hear it more with earphones. I am really loving this song again right now. Just an amazing tune.

davymac

Quote from: e_wind on Jun 20, 2011, 05:16 PM
if you listen to off the record backwards you can make it out (seriously)

really?! I would love to hear that...someone should post it on the web

e_wind

i have the audio somewhere on this ol computer, i'll try to upload it tomorrow
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

davymac

Quote from: Palms on Jun 22, 2011, 08:13 AM
http://middleeast.bandcamp.com/track/off-the-record-in-reverse

Wow that is soo awesome! thanks for the post I cant wait to get home and listen to it with some good headphones.  I had no idea!

Clarkwork

I've heard the backwards Off the record before, but that is a cool post thanks.

Now someone tell me what the hell he is whispering in Death..

davymac

There is also some crazy whispering at the end of What Will I Do...wonder what thats about!

youreveningcoat

Quote from: Palms on Jun 22, 2011, 08:13 AM
http://middleeast.bandcamp.com/track/off-the-record-in-reverse

This is crazy!.... If only the music was a bit quieter, I can make out words but I don't know what the sentences are.  Except for "There are only two ways... OH MY JESUS" and something about strawberries and 800 somethings..... crazy
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes