RIP Ryan Dunn

Started by TheBigChicken, Jun 21, 2011, 09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv-news.en.ap.org/tv-news.en.ap.org-20110620-us_obit_ryan_dunn     wow...too bad he seemed like a pretty good guy...slow your cars down people !
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

peafunk31

He was definitely a super nice guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a Philly radio station function a year or two back. Just an overall friendly dude. RIP Ryan :'(
Homer no function beer well without.

buaawwww

Not sure if it's true or not, but supposedly he'd been boozing it up pretty good before getting into his car.  If this was true, then f*ck him.

TheBigChicken

Quote from: buaawwww on Jun 21, 2011, 09:51 AM
Not sure if it's true or not, but supposedly he'd been boozing it up pretty good before getting into his car.  If this was true, then f*ck him.

little tough dnt ya think....then again I'm sure you've never regretted anything...not saying you got drunk and killed someone but f$#k him ?.....check yourself B......
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

peafunk31

Whether he drank too much or not does not impact how nice of a guy he was. People make mistakes. Sometimes catastrophic ones. At this point, it is unclear whether achlohol was a factor. The initial police reports cite speed as a factor. Time will tell if drinking was the determining factor. Let's not pass judgement too quickly please

Tracy 2112

I was wondering when one of these guys was going to pass on; wondering if their death (and taste) defying acts on-screen carried in to their personal lives. Steve-O came close to dying a couple of times and I am sure there are other stories.

Very sad when someone dies like this. Even if they were drinking, they didn't "deserve it". God knows I drove 100's of times drunk, but I didn't deserve to die b/c of it.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

br00ke

v. sad indeed. he was way hot .. what a waste of a good beard  :-\

e_wind

oh yeah?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

el_chode

3 beers and 3 shots in 4 hours is the news report. i don't think he's that much of a lightweight.
I'm surrounded by assholes

buaawwww

It's a little harsh?  I'm sorry guys.  I'm a pretty forgiving guy.  However I have no respect for people that get drunk and then decide to get behind the wheel of a car.  I wonder if you all would be so willing to forgive had the guy taken out an innocent family... a child... I'd be very curious to hear your responses then.
If you're stupid enough to get loaded and then get behind the wheel of your porsche and doing insane speeds where it ends up you burst into flames... well thank God they did not hit anyone else other than that railing is all I'm saying.

buaawwww

Let me further clarify...

@TheBigChicken - sure I've had regrets.  There's one thing to have regrets, there's another thing entirely where you go out drinking then get behind the wheel of a porsche and drive to its max speed.  That shows no care or regard for any other human being and we've seen this story too many times where innocent people and young children have been the casualties because of someone else's selfishness and stupidity.  So I won't check myself here.

@Tracy2112 - I'm not saying he "deserved" to die.  No one deserves to die (well, that's not entirely true either).  I'm just saying that any guy that gets behind the wheel of a porsche and goes above and beyond the speed limit after being in a bar for hours?  Well if he winds up dead I really don't have all that much sympathy for the guy.  It's just plain stupid and selfish.

@br00ke - forgive me for not realizing the true importance of this discussion.  It really was a waste of a good beard.

@e_wind - yeah.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: buaawwww on Jun 21, 2011, 04:41 PM
However I have no respect for people that get drunk and then decide to get behind the wheel of a car.

Maybe he was on his cell phone. Perhaps he was not too imapired to drive but was speeding and talking on his cellphone. So, according to your "logic", everyone who talks on a cell phone while driving or speeds or does both, should be taken out to a field (maybe driven out into a field) and shot in the back of the head. Do you understand how many people die each year in car crashes b/c someone in the accident was using a PDA?

whatever

buaawwww

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 21, 2011, 05:17 PM
However I have no respect for people that get drunk and then decide to get behind the wheel of a car.

Maybe he was on his cell phone. Perhaps he was not too imapired to drive but was speeding and talking on his cellphone. So, according to your "logic", everyone who talks on a cell phone while driving or speeds or does both, should be taken out to a field (maybe driven out into a field) and shot in the back of the head. Do you understand how many people die each year in car crashes b/c someone in the accident was using a PDA?

whatever

Here's what we do know.  We know he was in a bar hours before getting in his car where he was seen drinking quite a bit.  And then he got behind the wheel of a porsche and drove WELL beyond the speed limit.  You're right though... excessive speeding while talking or texting on your cell phone is OK, my bad there.  That makes sense!

I'd be VERY curious to hear all of your responses if this guy was a) not a "celebrity" and b) he killed other innocent bystanders in the process.   

Tracy 2112

Quote from: buaawwww on Jun 21, 2011, 05:32 PM
I'd be VERY curious to hear all of your responses if this guy was a) not a "celebrity" and b) he killed other innocent bystanders in the process.

I didn't even like Ryan Dunn or the jackass guys. Even so, my initial reaction wasn't fuck that guy.

capt. scotty

We couldnt argue about drunk driving in the Whatever the F you wanna talk about thread after I posted Dunn died in a crash. Dont think this needed its own thread  :-\
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

e_wind

Quote from: buaawwww on Jun 21, 2011, 05:32 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 21, 2011, 05:17 PM

whatever

Here's what we do know.  We know he was in a bar hours before getting in his car where he was seen drinking quite a bit.  And then he got behind the wheel of a porsche and drove WELL beyond the speed limit.  You're right though... excessive speeding while talking or texting on your cell phone is OK, my bad there.  That makes sense!

you know that can go both ways... if this was one of your friends i doubt you'd write him off as deserving to die like it was nothing

Jaimoe

I've lost a friend due to drunk driving. He was drunk. I'm just thankful he didn't kill an innocent bystander. The combo of speeding and being drunk behind the wheel = arrogant, ignorant and careless a-hole.   

peafunk31

I'm confused. How did you get advanced veiwing of the toxicology report before it's been completed? Pretty impressive connections you have there.

I'm not saying he wasn't driving like an idiot. 130 mph is reckless as fuck. But chill on the driving drunk thing until we know the facts. I've heard varying accounts of how much he consumed. From very few drinks to a good amount. This story is al over the airwaves in Philly as Ryan lived in a suburb just outside the city. Many people have stated that he was not even remotely drunk. So far as he was turning down free shots at the bar all night. From what I understand, he wasn't much of a drinker to begin with.

Let's also remember that he was someone's son, boyfriend, close friend. I'm sure if something tragic happened to someone close to you, regardless of the circumstances, you'd be a bit more compassionate.

Jaimoe

Taking an off-ramp at well over 100mph is moronic. If he had the six drinks that were reported, he would be legally drunk. If he wasn't drunk, he's still an a-hole for carelessly speeding and potentially putting innocent lives at risk.

I think if people weren't a fan of his, they'd look at this incident less sympathetically. 

e_wind

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jun 22, 2011, 11:01 AM
Taking an off-ramp at well over 100mph is moronic. If he had the six drinks that were reported, he would be legally drunk. If he wasn't drunk, he's still an a-hole for carelessly speeding and potentially putting innocent lives at risk.

I think if people weren't a fan of his, they'd look at this incident less sympathetically.

I had one co-worker who was a great kid kill himself drunk driving, one friend be killed by a drunk driver when my friend was stone cold sober, and I have a friend who was driving home from a bar (so drunk, I guess) with his girlfriend and wreck the car, killing his girlfriend. I wouldn't say that any of these people deserve death. The family of the girlfriend was even very sweet to him and cried with him and not at him. Like I said before, if your sibling was drunk and hit a tree and died you wouldn't say "welp, he deserves it" and drive off on your merry way. Anyone who's saying this dude deserved what happened needs to maybe take a long look at themselves and try to tell themselves they don't make mistakes or regret anything.

Oh, and I'm not a huge fan of Jackass at all. Its funny, but still not entirely my thing. :thumbsup: