RIP Ryan Dunn

Started by TheBigChicken, Jun 21, 2011, 09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

I don't agree with our current wars, but that doesn't mean this is my attitude:

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Jaimoe

I never once said he deserved it. Reckless a-hole? Yes. 

I'm a big supporter of soldiers.

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

buaawwww

Never said he DESERVED to die either.  There are people that do DESERVE to die, however.

By doing what he did he clearly didn't have any regard for himself, his passenger, or anyone else that he could have but thankfully did not strike while driving over 100 mph.  I said if all the reports were true, well then really I don't have sympathy for him.   That's all.  I feel for the families and friends and loved ones he left behind because of his stupidity.  That's all.

mike

Sure people, make excuses for this loser.

Report: Ryan Dunn had 23 driving citations, including DUI
June 22, 2011, 9:53 AM EST

By Tim Molloy
TheWrap

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn had 23 driving citations, including one for DUI, in the 13 years before he and his passenger were in killed in a fiery car crash, The Boston Herald reported.

Charges were dropped in Dunn's 2005 DUI arrest after he completed a probationary program and received a suspended license, the paper said, citing court records.

Bing: More on Ryan Dunn's career

The 34-year-old Dunn and his passenger, Zachary Hartwell, 30, were killed in West Goshen, Pa., when Dunn's Porsche 911 flew over a guard rail, hit a tree and burst into flames. Dunn had posted a picture of both of them drinking at a bar just hours before the crash.

More: Hollywood reacts to Ryan Dunn's death

A preliminary coroner's report found that both were killed by blunt-force trauma and the flames.

Toxicology reports released on Wednesday said his blood-alcohol content that was more than twice the legal limit for drivers.

The report said Dunn's blood-alcohol level was 0.196 at the time of the crash early Monday morning. The legal limit for drivers in the state is .08.

Jaimoe

Quote from: buaawwww on Jun 22, 2011, 04:22 PM
Never said he DESERVED to die either.  There are people that do DESERVE to die, however.

By doing what he did he clearly didn't have any regard for himself, his passenger, or anyone else that he could have but thankfully did not strike while driving over 100 mph.  I said if all the reports were true, well then really I don't have sympathy for him.   That's all.  I feel for the families and friends and loved ones he left behind because of his stupidity.  That's all.

100% agree.

On an aside, speeding stunt driving jerks die all the time in the Toronto area, but I could care less about the individual. I do care however, when they kill innocent people. When this happens, and it happens more than it should, then I hope the perp rots in hell.

johnnYYac

Police: 'Jackass' star Ryan Dunn was drunk and driving over 132 mph

I'm sorry for his friends and family, as well as those of his passenger.  Seems going 132-140 mph is just plain stupid, even sober.  This doesn't make him an evil person, just foolish and selfish.     
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Tracy 2112

So, there's a camp of "F that dumb ass, I have no sympathy" and there's another camp who feels sympathy for the guy.

Considering the name of this thread is REST IN PEACE Ryan Dunn, I'd say the most important thing here is that some of you are off topic.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

peafunk31

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 22, 2011, 05:23 PM
So, there's a camp of "F that dumb ass, I have no sympathy" and there's another camp who feels sympathy for the guy.

Considering the name of this thread is REST IN PEACE Ryan Dunn, I'd say the most important thing here is that some of you are off topic.

Thank you. Could not have put it any better. I certainly did not condone his actions. He F'd up big time & as a result 2 people are dead. All I was trying to get across is that I felt symapthy for him, the passenger & their loved ones. In the face of tragedy, regardless of whether or not it is self imposed, is it wrong to feel bad for people? I guess I'm just a big softie
Homer no function beer well without.

ALady

As someone who lost a close family member under very similar circumstances, I don't think anger is a completely unusual emotion out the gate.  Especially for something as 100% preventable as a drunk driving accident.

Check yr Kubler-Ross stages of grief, yo.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

peafunk31

Quote from: ALady on Jun 22, 2011, 05:53 PM
As someone who lost a close family member under very similar circumstances, I don't think anger is a completely unusual emotion out the gate.  Especially for something as 100% preventable as a drunk driving accident.

anger being an unusual emotion? definitely not. appropriate in a R.I.P thread? questionable

ALady

Perhaps not appropriate, but understandable given the circumstances surrounding his death. 
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

e_wind

Quote from: peafunk31 on Jun 22, 2011, 05:58 PM
Quote from: ALady on Jun 22, 2011, 05:53 PM

anger being an unusual emotion? definitely not. appropriate in a R.I.P thread? questionable

I this this is the main point. Of course he was irresponsible... But that doesn't mean people need to go out and tell people they don't care about his death. You can feel however you want, obviously, but bringing people down who are mourning is not, in my opinion, an okay thing to do. In this thread several people, including myself, are objectifying a man who has died and does have loved ones in mourning, which I don't think is very cool.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Let us recognize, however, that this is not a Jackass forum. 

If I wasn't clear, my sympathy extends to Dunn himself, and I mean no disrespect to those of you touched by Mr. Dunn's art.  He and his passenger, Zachary Hartwell, were human beings, deserving of dignity in death.     

That said, I don't expect to hear the same here as what was said for Clarence Clemmons.  Due to the nature of Dunn's fame and infamy, and the way in which he and Hartwell died, some criticism seems fitting understandable. 

Maybe not as harsh as Roger Ebert, however.

MMJ_fanatic

This selfish act of gettting totally s**tfaced and taking out an ex-SEAL and yourself--not to mention endangering everyone else on the road kind of overshadows however polite this guy may have been.  No excuse for this.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

peafunk31

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 22, 2011, 06:47 PM

If I wasn't clear, my sympathy extends to Dunn himself, and I mean no disrespect to those of you touched by Mr. Dunn's art.  He and his passenger, Zachary Hartwell, were human beings, deserving of dignity in death.     

That said, I don't expect to hear the same here as what was said for Clarence Clemmons.  Due to the nature of Dunn's fame and infamy, and the way in which he and Hartwell died, some criticism seems fitting understandable. 

Understood. I can see how this situation can be controversial. I've said my piece & my opinion of this commumity remains unchanged. Everyone here has their opinions & yet remains respectful. I was not angered by this discussion. It just hit a little close to home location wise & the fact that I have met him.

Oh, Mr. YYac. I'll see your Ebert & raise you a batch of complete f'n morons

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/22/westboro-pickets-dunn_n_882299.html

johnnYYac

Quote from: peafunk31 on Jun 22, 2011, 07:54 PM

Understood. I can see how this situation can be controversial. I've said my piece & my opinion of this commumity remains unchanged. Everyone here has their opinions & yet remains respectful. I was not angered by this discussion. It just hit a little close to home location wise & the fact that I have met him.

Oh, Mr. YYac. I see your Ebert & raise you a batch of complete f'n morons

Now, NO ONE deserves THAT!

peafunk31

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 22, 2011, 08:03 PM
Quote from: peafunk31 on Jun 22, 2011, 07:54 PM

Oh, Mr. YYac. I see your Ebert & raise you a batch of complete f'n morons

Now, NO ONE deserves THAT!

100% agreed. Keep your eyes peeled for this one. I guarantee you these fools will get rolled on should they work up the balls & show up

el_chode

Anger towards those who have harmed you directly? Understandable.

Self-righteous rampage because of a perceived moral high ground? Not at all.

I'd bet money that anyone in this thread who drank something at some point of their life got behind the wheel of a car when they likely should not have, most likely without even realizing it. 99% of hte time there's no harm.

Does it justify drinking and driving? Hardly. But it does mean that we can skip the holier-than-thou approach to the situation and realize that choosing to drink before driving is just as dangerous as choosing to drive while tired, on the phone, with unruly children, or any other of the numerous distractions that pose a threat to our daily commute, and that we're all guilty of dangerous behaviors.

Except me of course. I'm an excellent driver. Everyone else on the road sucks, especially Ruckus (pre-empting any possible retaliation for my inflammatory facebook rants).

I'm surrounded by assholes

buaawwww

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Jun 22, 2011, 07:51 PM
This selfish act of gettting totally s**tfaced and taking out an ex-SEAL and yourself--not to mention endangering everyone else on the road kind of overshadows however polite this guy may have been.  No excuse for this.

Amen.