Some thoughts on My Morning Jacket, 4/20/10

Started by bbill, Apr 20, 2010, 12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

First of all, I'm really happy for all of you who get to see them play a show (publicly) for the first time in over a year! I'm thousands of miles away from Alabama, won't be seeing any of the shows this tour but still have a little bit of the pre-show jitters. I wonder how/if they'll incorporate the PJHB into their set, and how that'll sound. I'm curious to see the structure of the sets now that they're not officially supporting Evil Urges. I wonder if they'll debut any new songs!!  :D

More than anything though, I'm thinking about the next album. Just getting a one sentence press release that they're recording would give me a thrill, and to have an actual release date would just throw my whole life into a tailspin for a few days.  ;D I want to know who the producer is, and where they're recording. I want all the pre-release press and speculation here on the board. Just knowing that a new album is in the works is enough for me (for now...).

Other than that, I'm hoping for a nice, weekend, Northern California date for later this summer, but I'll take what I can get.  ;D I'm kind of dreading/speculating that they'll play the Outside Lands fest, and that would be their only regional date for the year, but I might have to make that work if that ends up being true.

Have fun at the shows!  8-)
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Ruckus

I did read somewhere that they would be playing some new stuff.  Does someone remember that link.  It was like a brief interview with TT or someone. :-?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

jones

QuoteI did read somewhere that they would be playing some new stuff.  Does someone remember that link.  It was like a brief interview with TT or someone. :-?

SaraBB found this a few days ago:

"What's the Birmingham show going to be like? That's a good question," Blankenship says. "Historically, we've tried everything on the first show of a tour. You'll probably get some new songs and hear some oldies."

http://blog.al.com/mcolurso/2010/04/five_things_to_know_about_my_m.html

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1271447372

pawpaw

QuoteI did read somewhere that they would be playing some new stuff.  Does someone remember that link.  It was like a brief interview with TT or someone. :-?

SaraBB found this a few days ago:

"What's the Birmingham show going to be like? That's a good question," Blankenship says. "Historically, we've tried everything on the first show of a tour. You'll probably get some new songs and hear some oldies."

http://blog.al.com/mcolurso/2010/04/five_things_to_know_about_my_m.html

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1271447372

Oh, it's the thread right under this one... ;D Thanks flyguy (and SaraBB).

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

walterfredo

Other than that, I'm hoping for a nice, weekend, Northern California date for later this summer, but I'll take what I can get.  ;D I'm kind of dreading/speculating that they'll play the Outside Lands fest, and that would be their only regional date for the year, but I might have to make that work if that ends up being true.

Have fun at the shows!  8-)

I'm with you on this one Bill.  We need some NorCal love.  Another night at the Greek would be just fine with me.  The Oakland Fox would be amazing too.  

Have fun in Bama folks!

mahg33ta

QuoteI wonder how/if they'll incorporate the PJHB into their set, and how that'll sound. I'm curious to see the structure of the sets now that they're not officially supporting Evil Urges. I wonder if they'll debut any new songs!!  :D

I too am wondering the same things.   Can't wait to see the setlist.   Really curious how the collaborate with the PJHB.   Curious even to basics such as "how long will they play?"   We were spoiled with the "evening with" tour in 2008 - I suspect a shorter set and a 20 song setlist instead of 25.

My prediction for shared songs:   Evil Urges, Highly Suspicious, El Caporal, Dancefloors, EM Rebel.

el_chode

QuoteI wonder how/if they'll incorporate the PJHB into their set, and how that'll sound. I'm curious to see the structure of the sets now that they're not officially supporting Evil Urges. I wonder if they'll debut any new songs!!  :D

I too am wondering the same things.   Can't wait to see the setlist.   Really curious how the collaborate with the PJHB.   Curious even to basics such as "how long will they play?"   We were spoiled with the "evening with" tour in 2008 - I suspect a shorter set and a 20 song setlist instead of 25.

My prediction for shared songs:   Evil Urges, Highly Suspicious, El Caporal, Dancefloors, EM Rebel.

They gotta incorporate them on some funky soul beat rhythm type song. Have to. Even if it's just Mayfield again
I'm surrounded by assholes

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

el_chode

QuoteGive me Dondante or give me death.

You didn't quote it right

"Give me Dondante or give me death." - Patrick H.
I'm surrounded by assholes