Circuital should be a 3 track EP

Started by steve_h, Jun 23, 2011, 11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve_h

After multiple plays I still rate this low as a MMJ album.
Three tracks, Victory Dance, Circuital and Wonderful stand out. The rest ok but not up to that high standard expected.
Suppose it could have been the pre release hype etc but Circuital is just a middle of the road pop rock album over all.
Seem to be playing those three tracks and skipping most of the others.

MarkW

You're right.

Oh, wait a moment.  No you're not, you're wrong.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

ryno11111

This reminds me of an old saying that seems applicable here....

"Opinions are like assholes...everybody's got one."

MrB

Me thinks the first 8 tracks are quite tasty. The last two, just can't get into them, but will keep listening. May be why they are on side 4 of the vinyl.

DewieCox

Quote from: ryno11111 on Jun 23, 2011, 11:59 AM
This reminds me of an old saying that seems applicable here....

"Opinions are like assholes...everybody's got one, and yours stinks"

fixed

slappymoe

if you were expecting the answer to the meaning of life on this album, you will be disappointed. 

but if you were expecting 45 minutes of good, clean fun delivered by one of the world's great rock 'n roll bands, you got exactly what you wanted.

scosby2

Quote from: MarkW on Jun 23, 2011, 11:54 AM
You're right.

Oh, wait a moment.  No you're not, you're wrong.
VERY WRONG!!

adl6690

Quote from: steve_h on Jun 23, 2011, 11:33 AM
Three tracks, Victory Dance, Circuital and Wonderful stand out. The rest ok but not up to that high standard expected.
Suppose it could have been the pre release hype etc but Circuital is just a middle of the road pop rock album over all.

Still following the trend of new members bashing the album I see. Sigh....

ChronicHunger

steve_h

Trend? I dont follow trends me mate. Just dont find tracks like Black Metal and Outa my System to be anywhere near as good as the likes of One Big Holiday, Dondante, Steam Engine, The Bear, Gideon and on and on and on etc.

DejaView2011

Absolute rubbish and a waste of a thread. Go bash MMJ and CIRCUITAL elsewhere. Just the title of this thread alone pissed me off.
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

searchinbig

Hey it's just a record.

LIVE is where it's at.  :D
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Bigsky

That's too bad...I guess you won't be going to any MMJ shows this tour...sucks to be you!

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Crispy

Interesting -- Victory Dance -> Circuital -> (skip) -> Wonderful -> (skip) -> (skip) -> (skip) -> (skip) -> (skip) -> (skip) -> (ponder Tracy pics)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

MarkW

It's also interesting to me because Wonderful wouldn't make it into my top 5 on the album.  ???
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

jones

Quote from: MarkW on Jun 24, 2011, 10:45 AM
It's also interesting to me because Wonderful wouldn't make it into my top 5 on the album.  ???
I agree.

Jon T.

Well, fellas, if those pics don't chub it up, I don't know what will!

peafunk31

Quote from: Jon T. on Jun 24, 2011, 11:51 AM
Well, fellas, if those pics don't chub it up, I don't know what will!

Tell me about it! I just went from six to midnight
Homer no function beer well without.