Weird question...

Started by ItsAllSticky, Aug 07, 2007, 12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsAllSticky

So, I have a care package of sorts that I'd like to send to the band. It's just a couple macaroni pictures and a group picture from a show that I got all my friends (in the picture) to sign. I want to send it to them but not if it's just gonna get tossed in some bin or only seen by the fan-mail-opener.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I put a lot of time into it.  Um, I'll explain the pictures further if anyone is intrigued :-?

dragonboy

No idea where best to send your stuff Sticky but I'd love to learn more about the pictures  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ItsAllSticky

Here goes:

It was Langerado this year in March. I had seen MMJ once before in New Orleans and they were the whole reason I made the trip. I was...on another level, we'll say.... By the end of the show, I had convinced myself that I was ready to go on tour with them and live on the road, selling macaroni pictures of the band for food/gas/ticket money.  It made so much sense at the time. Anyway, my friends still think it was hilarious and make fun of me because they swear I was dead serious. So I ended up actually making a couple (i'll take some pictures and show you guys soon) and I wrote a letter explaining to them why I made them and generally thanking them for what they do.  I actually still have every intention of following them for a couple months after I graduate next year, but I'm just saving money instead of trying to sell the pictures ;D

dragonboy

Haha, great story Sticky!  ;D
Hope you manage to get the pictures to the band (& live your dream selling them on the road!)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ItsAllSticky

Thanks DB, I'm gonna send an email to the management and see if I can get something more than a p.o. box in the middle of nowhere.  I imagine it's awkward to work hard to get an address.  I mean, the more persistent you are the more likely it is that you're crazy and they REALLY don't want your package :o

megisnotreal

QuoteHere goes:
By the end of the show, I had convinced myself that I was ready to go on tour with them and live on the road, selling macaroni pictures of the band for food/gas/ticket money.

dude, if you need a marketing consultant/business partner... i am down. going on jacket tour would be dankness.

does this macaroni pic have glitter? b/c it's all about going that extra mile.  ;)

aMD

ItsAllSticky

there may be a spot for you yet, meg.  At present, the pictures don't have glitter.  But come January I'm gonna start looking for a crew that wants to follow them for a while.  We'll of course be at the mercy of their touring schedule, but it's something that I'd really like to look back and say "I wanted to do that and I did it."  I wish I could just sign up to do some heavy lifting for them but I don't think it could be that simple.

megisnotreal

Quotethere may be a spot for you yet, meg.  

sweet. i'll bring the product.

jacket tour will be awesome.

EC

i think this is super lovely.
are you kidding, macaroni pictures?
MACARONI PICTURES?
nobody wouldn't find that awesome.
i also really want to see them so i hope you get those pics up!!

bowl of soup

QuoteHere goes:

It was Langerado this year in March. I had seen MMJ once before in New Orleans and they were the whole reason I made the trip. I was...on another level, we'll say.... By the end of the show, I had convinced myself that I was ready to go on tour with them and live on the road, selling macaroni pictures of the band for food/gas/ticket money.  It made so much sense at the time. Anyway, my friends still think it was hilarious and make fun of me because they swear I was dead serious. So I ended up actually making a couple (i'll take some pictures and show you guys soon) and I wrote a letter explaining to them why I made them and generally thanking them for what they do.  I actually still have every intention of following them for a couple months after I graduate next year, but I'm just saving money instead of trying to sell the pictures ;D

This is the greatest post that I have ever read - I will be leaving "work" early as my appetite for macaroni has overwhelmed my ability to focus.

I was once "on another level" (well, maybe more than once...) at a Pink Floyd show at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando in the late 80's.  It rained as though God himself wanted to drown the entire stadium full of other level people.  I left the stadium convinced that I was somehow related to David Gilmore, that he blamed me directly for the rain, and that I must spend the rest of my life following him in an effort to convince him that it wasn't my fault and that Roger Waters wanted to reunite.

Alas, the next day after a night at the Quality Inn High Q in Orlando (it was a building in the shape of a perfect circle - I think it is gone now) spent making thousands of laps around the 7th floor and threatening high school band campers with great acts of violence (there were two groups of folks at the hotel that weekend - band campers and Pink Floyd people, a great mix) we wound up at Epcot the next day.

Fucking Disney took my dream away.  Again "on another level," Disney assured me that the future was going to be astonishingly positive and that Dave had forgiven me.  I didn't follow that dream, my musical tastes changed, and I'm fairly certain that I am responsible for Syd Barrett's death.  Epcot comes highly recommended for those seeking "another level" - clean, visual, and constantly reassuring you that the tomorrow will bring unspeakable delights.

So go forth and send that macaroni picture and yes, add glitter.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

dragonboy

Still no macaroni pictures?!! C'mon Sticky, you know we're all waiting to see them!

mjkoehler

QuoteHere goes:

This is the greatest post that I have ever read - I will be leaving "work" early as my appetite for macaroni has overwhelmed my ability to focus.

I was once "on another level" (well, maybe more than once...) at a Pink Floyd show at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando in the late 80's.  It rained as though God himself wanted to drown the entire stadium full of other level people.  I left the stadium convinced that I was somehow related to David Gilmore, that he blamed me directly for the rain, and that I must spend the rest of my life following him in an effort to convince him that it wasn't my fault and that Roger Waters wanted to reunite.

Alas, the next day after a night at the Quality Inn High Q in Orlando (it was a building in the shape of a perfect circle - I think it is gone now) spent making thousands of laps around the 7th floor and threatening high school band campers with great acts of violence (there were two groups of folks at the hotel that weekend - band campers and Pink Floyd people, a great mix) we wound up at Epcot the next day.

Fucking Disney took my dream away.  Again "on another level," Disney assured me that the future was going to be astonishingly positive and that Dave had forgiven me.  I didn't follow that dream, my musical tastes changed, and I'm fairly certain that I am responsible for Syd Barrett's death.  Epcot comes highly recommended for those seeking "another level" - clean, visual, and constantly reassuring you that the tomorrow will bring unspeakable delights.

So go forth and send that macaroni picture and yes, add glitter.

OK that was quite possibly the greatest post I ever read. Yes Epcot does have the way of reassuring you that the tommorrow WILL bring you unspeakable delights.

ItsAllSticky

Haha thanks for that story, Soup. I get the distinct feeling we were on the same page.  So jealous you got to see Pink Floyd live.  I've pretty much broken my DVD's of Pulse and Live at Pompeii.  

Update on pictures: really sorry i'm between houses right now at school so they're safe in a box, but just gimme a couple days and dig 'em out and post pictures. I'm really happy to hear that you guys support this idea.  I really think (hope) the boys will appreciate it.

Crispy

Dang, meg beat me to it, but macaroni's no good without cheese:

Off topic but along with bowl of soup, I also saw Pink Floyd in 1988, but apparently not quite on the same level. Planes flying low over Mile High back when they used Stapleton, the pig, the light circle, etc. But it didn't really feel like Floyd to me without Roger even though the show was incredible and Roger's an ass and I love Dave. Oh, to have seen them in '73...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

bowl of soup

Isn't it great that macaroni has us thinking about Pink Floyd and MMJ at the same time.  In perhaps the most feminine moment of my life I made a collage based upon my experience that night in Orlando.  It had my ticket stub, little shiny Q's raining from the sky, and I titled it "The Psychedelic Downpour".  I cut "The Psychedelic" part from a Psychedelic Furs CD box (remember when CD's came in those huge boxes?).  My masterpiece has been lost in my travels and that saddens me.  SEEING THE MACARONI ART IS MY ONLY HOPE!  And no, thank YOU for the story.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ItsAllSticky

Crispy and Soup et al:

I just have to share this with you.  Crisp, I agree wholeheartedly with "even though Roger's and ass and I love Dave."  What a prick he is, but yeah, Pompeii before Pulse any day.  Pink Floyd has been my favorite band since my mom bought me The Wall and Dark Side for my 12th/13th birthday.  (Though my tops are now Meddle and Animals).  I honestly thought that my love of the Floyd would never be challenged...until I found MMJ.  It's a weird thing, but I never felt like PF was "mine."  The majority of young people wearing floyd shirts know little more than radio songs, and worship syd because they associate him with psychedelics.  While I think I'm a bit beyond that, I will never see them in their prime.  The jacket on the other hand, I've seen live and have been moved.

Finally, this is mine and it's so good and you people seem to share this love and that makes it that much better.  I'm grateful to be able to share this band with each and everyone of you and I really feel like part of a special club.  So, thanks for the membership.  

Sleazy Rider

I know exactly how you feel. Here are a couple of pictures of friends I made in Chicago.

Sean and Colleen

Me and Jim! Finally got to meet him. He is a righteous dude.
Politics. It's a drag. They put one foot in the grave, and the other on The Flag.

LizKing531

QuoteCrispy and Soup et al:

I just have to share this with you.  Crisp, I agree wholeheartedly with "even though Roger's and ass and I love Dave."  What a prick he is, but yeah, Pompeii before Pulse any day.  Pink Floyd has been my favorite band since my mom bought me The Wall and Dark Side for my 12th/13th birthday.  (Though my tops are now Meddle and Animals).  I honestly thought that my love of the Floyd would never be challenged...until I found MMJ.  It's a weird thing, but I never felt like PF was "mine."  The majority of young people wearing floyd shirts know little more than radio songs, and worship syd because they associate him with psychedelics.  While I think I'm a bit beyond that, I will never see them in their prime.  The jacket on the other hand, I've seen live and have been moved.

Finally, this is mine and it's so good and you people seem to share this love and that makes it that much better.  I'm grateful to be able to share this band with each and everyone of you and I really feel like part of a special club.  So, thanks for the membership.  

I totally know what you mean - I wrote a term paper in college all about Floyd.  I've been diving into more of there soundtrack work lately.  Floyd is the shit - but like Hendrix - never got to see 'em.  I can connect with them, but have never felt their art being created before me & for me (and everyone else in the crowd).

ItsAllSticky

Whoa sleazy, you look so much like my friend Wayne. It's uncanny.  You and jim look like brothers in that picture. with your beards and sunglasses tucked into your shirts!  My friends Watson and Erin got to meet him in New Orleans at a solo gig this summer and he talked to them for like 15 minutes. They said he was just as gracious and cool and as you'd ever imagine.  I'm really happy you and Sean got to meet him and get a picture.  

Austin City Limits will be my first show since being on the forum, so hopefully I'll get to meet some more cool folks as well.  Oh, and just got the recording from their show at Lolla, SO JEALOUS!! :'(