Thievery Corporation

Started by woodnymph, Jun 24, 2011, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

So... I knew there was a thread I'd forgotten to save from the old board.  Turns out it was the little Thievery Corp. thread we had goin'...

I've been listening to them again a little bit more, lately, so figured I'd start it up again!  Their new album "Culture of Fear" is due out on June 28th already!

Here is a TEASER, sounding pretty groovy:

Thievery Corporation - Culture of Fear TEASER

They put on such a hot show, would love to see them live again soon.....

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

wolof7

Love the Cosmic Game, one helluva chillout album  8)
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

woodnymph

That's the one I keep fallin' back on for sure  8)  I did spin the Mirror Conspiracy on my drive back down to NC yesterday though, or at least most of it...  Cosmic Game is a solid though.

ManNamedTruth

Sounds good, I thought they had a new one coming soon. I have The Cosmic Game, the Mirror Conspiracy, and Radio Retaliation. I like them all but Cosmic Game is my favorite. I would love to see them live, give me a heads up if you find out they're coming to the burgh. 
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

wolof7

Love the Mirror Conspiracy as well, was not feeling Richest Man in Babylon for some reason, have not yet heard Radio Retaliation.

kotchishm

Culture of Fear is leaked FYI
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

davymac

I had never seen them before Wakarusa and they were awesome.  A lot of fun ready to check out this new album

wolof7

woodnymph

Oh P.S,

I like how the new cover of their album runs sort of strangely parallel to Circuital...............

woodnymph

The First and ONLY live concert DVD will premiere RIGHT HERE Tuesday, September 6 starting at 9pm East Coast Time and will be FREE until 2am!

Check it out:
http://thieverycorporation.chnl.pro/

Filmed at the 9:30 Club in DC of course!

woodnymph

The stream seems a bit shaky right now, but sans-skipping, this is one fine dvd   :-* :-* :-*  These guys are so damn smoooooooooth.....

woodnymph

Smoothed out now....... shiiiit.....

woodnymph

So, sorry I can't help but keep writing about this dvd.  Now that it works, it's blowing my mind.  And I've got a total crush on the French chick, and now I want to learn French again.

Her voice is like dreams  :-*  (And tell me she's not très chaud!)  Ya'll would recognize her from The Cosmic Game.

The whole dvd is rocking me, and since it was all glitched up, they're going to stream it for free until 9pm Wednesday!!  So someone, please tune in.  If for no other reason but to see Loulou  ;)

http://thieverycorporation.chnl.pro/video/get?gallery_id=24&trackID=82560b9275295589fb9cc98d733d6ae9

Femi Kuti busts out too! Every artist they play with is so unique and talented... wish they'd bring the caravan down to Asheville!

Thievery Corporation feat. Loulou - The Time We Lost Our Way

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: woodnymph on Sep 07, 2011, 02:03 AM
So, sorry I can't help but keep writing about this dvd.  Now that it works, it's blowing my mind.  And I've got a total crush on the French chick, and now I want to learn French again.

Her voice is like dreams  :-*  (And tell me she's not très chaud!)  Ya'll would recognize her from The Cosmic Game.

The whole dvd is rocking me, and since it was all glitched up, they're going to stream it for free until 9pm Wednesday!!  So someone, please tune in.  If for no other reason but to see Loulou  ;)

http://thieverycorporation.chnl.pro/video/get?gallery_id=24&trackID=82560b9275295589fb9cc98d733d6ae9

Femi Kuti busts out too! Every artist they play with is so unique and talented... wish they'd bring the caravan down to Asheville!

Thievery Corporation feat. Loulou - The Time We Lost Our Way

She's recently caught my attention too with this soothing number. What do you think of Culture of Fear? I like it but so far it's not one of my favorites from them. I'll try to find time tomorrow to watch that dvd, good look on that.

Thievery Corporation - Omid(Hope)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth link=topic=14965.msg277324#msg277324
She's recently caught my attention too with this soothing number. What do you think of Culture of Fear? I like it but so far it's not one of my favorites from them. I'll try to find time tomorrow to watch that dvd, good look on that.

Thievery Corporation - Omid(Hope)

Oh duuuuuude I didn't even think of this song!!  It's one of my favorites-- a good friend of mine used to say it sounded kind of like she was saying "rose petals of the heart" (though it's definitely something else, in Persian I read).  Then they played it when we saw them at Merriweather in '07, and my friend was so stoked!  8)   Culture of Fear is pretty sweet so far, but I still need to acquire it in mp3 format so I can put it on cd to really listen to.  A handful of tracks really did stand out to me when I listened awhile back, I just haven't gotten to really sit with 'em yet.  Richest Man in Babylon is a real gem of an album too, it was the first that I heard from TC and grabbed my attention right away with "All That We Perceive".....

Let me know if ya watch the dvd!!  Hope you can!!   :D

woodnymph

She sings this one on the dvd too.... reaaalllyy not to be missed....

Thievery Corporation - La Femme Parallel (HD Version)

Always losing herself in the clouds
Forever lost with the stars
Forever lost with the stars...

She was lost in the sound
She was lost in the sound...........

woodnymph

Work tonight played a fantastic song by Radio Citizen that I haven't heard in ages.... the female vocalist is Bajka, and I've been hoping that she would do a song with Thievery Corporation someday ever since I heard her voice!!  It's like sexy and exotic, but she is almost always singing beautiful spiritual lyrics, to boot.  She'd be an amazing fit for Thievery.......

Check it out,
Levantar de la alma, por el cielo = Lift your soul, into the sky......

Beautiful Thievery Corporation-ish tune, enjoy  :)

Radio Citizen - El Cielo

woodnymph

Here's another......

Far above all Earthly goals............ A pledge for Creation's Soul

Bonobo - Days to Come

(also super Thievery-sounding)