Main Menu

The Avett Brothers

Started by Eweezy, Jun 25, 2011, 07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eweezy

just wanted to see if there were any Avett Bros. fans out here in MMJ land.  Just really really love these guys and their music.  The ultimate show for me would be My Morning Jacket and The Avett Brothers, I can just imagine it now.
Yikes!

Fully

kotchishm

They are one of the few acts that come to Roanoke, VA and our performing arts theater every year. See them everytime. They only get better.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

he.who.forgets

love em.  one of the bands I havent seen live yet that I really want to.

Hubcap

Love there country was album. Never seen them live but looking forward to it one day.

Ed_Wiser

Love the Avett Brothers great live band.

RedPatokaSea

My college roommate is the brother-in-law of Seth Avett.

January Wedding is a song about my roomie's sister! :)

January Wedding
I always love seeing these guys live.

Eweezy

Yikes!

kotchishm

Their CMT Unplugged airs tomorrow (July 13) at 9pm on CMT.com

They do a Robert Mills cover and debut a new song "The Once and Future Carpenter."

http://neonuniverse.org/Announcements/?p=36
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

smhoffmann02

I am a fan.  The Avetts are another group that is truly pure-hearted, enlightening, and from the soul.  Having said that, MMJ is still numero uno in my book.
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Eweezy

New album dropping tomorrow, one of my favorites.  A must see live act.  Been waiting for new Avett's for a long time now.
Yikes!

joey_rogo

Gonna see these guys this weekend in Burlington. :thumbsup:

e_wind

will be seeing them next weekend at Music Midtown. Stoked for new record also.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

headhunter

mrs. hh and i will be seeing them in NY's central park next tuesday.  i've seen them a few times.  a GREAT live band.  good on vinyl too.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

itrainmonkeys

Big fan of these guys. Some people love 'em and some don't see the fuss but I'm a big fan. Love their albums and when they play live they are fantastic. Lots of energy from this group.

iLikeBeer

I'm a fan as well.  Saw them this summer for the first time and they didn't disappoint. 

Looking forward to hearing new material as well!   :thumbsup:

TheRoof

Their new album is incredible!!! Must have for Avett fans!   :thumbsup:
You Are Everything

Fully

I'm looking forward to hearing the new album. One of my favorite Avett Bros. songs that I've been listening to lately is Ten Thousand Words

http://youtu.be/7bRFA-qImg8

ManNamedTruth

Wasn't too impressed after first listen.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

e_wind

Only listened to first 3 songs on the way to work yesterday, or may 4. I for one dig the whole band song I heard in one song, and Ive been enjoying Live or Die for awhile. I´m already thinking I´ll like it more than I and Love and You, but it will never be an Emotionalism.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...