Just made a playlist for my brother to indoctrinate him

Started by grizzy, Jun 26, 2011, 08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizzy

Taking him and my wife to their first MMJ concert this summer and he asked me to burn a disc for a long drive he has today. It was SO difficult as what I, a lover of MMJ for a long time, likes is much deeper than what you originally hooks you.

I also wanted a handful of Circuital songs since he'll hear plenty of them at the show.

These first 4 songs are ones he already had on his iPhone so I didn't burn them:

Golden
OBH
IB4U
Librarian

So, here's what I burned him:

Circuital
Outta My System
Black Metal (he really liked System & Black Metal when he previewed on iTunes)
Lowdown
Phone Went West
Mahgeetah
Run Thru (I clicked on this and it started blaring through my speakers. He said, "ohh I like that)
Steam Engine
Bermuda Highway (Acoustic Citsouca)
Wordless Chorus
Off The Record
Gideon
I Will Sing You Songs
Smokin From Shootin (maybe an odd choice but I love it)

It's so fun getting people into bands you love!

foomex

A friend of mine kept me asking about MMJ ever since I was tweeting with the #amexcircuital tag and I promised him I'd make him a MMJ mix, and forgot about it. Thx!

I'll be more single-friendly because I *shrugs* haven't listened to all the discography yet.  :-\

grizzy

Glad I reminded you  8) .

My brother got back last night and said he listened to the cd 5 times (3 on the way down and 2 back)! He loved everything but really liked Lowdown, PWW, Run Thru, and I Will Sing You Songs.

MMJ has a new fan.

youreveningcoat

Hehehe nice job mate I've done that a couple of times :)

So far i've converted 5 people  :D
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

Hawkeye

I'm counting four converts off the top of my head:  friend, roommate, 2 ex gf's.   :beer:
We could.

youreveningcoat

Today my friend gave me his flashdrive and told me to put as much jacket on it for him as I want!  I was surprised as usually my friends are telling me to stop showing them MMJ!
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

e_wind

my mom, whos almost 60, has recently become a huge fan. its weird, cause shes not a fan of rock and roll at all (though she was when she was younger). shes becoming almost a bigger freak than I am or my brother is, its funny. Shes obsessed with Circuital (the album) and her favorite song is Victory Dance. I'm taking her to her first Jacket show in tuscaloosa in august. My brother made her a mix that I believe is all the rock-ier and more famous songs (OBH, Dondante, Gideon, Evil Urgers, etc..) and now I made her this album because I think its more up her alley... Gotta ease her into it...

Where To Begin (Acoustic Chorale)
Steam Engine
Tonight I Wanna Celebrate (Live at Palms)
Dear Wife (Live at Palms
Knot Comes Loose (Live at Palms)
They Ran (Live at Palms)
Thank You Too (Live at Palms)
Lowdown
Way He Sings
Bermuda Highway
Xmas Curtain
Phone Went West
Sooner
Golden
Come Closer
Evelyn
I Will Be There When You Die
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...