My 3 year old loves The Jacket! (Video)

Started by Cameron, Jun 28, 2011, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron

Every night when I put my kiddo to bed I sing her 3 songs.  One by a local musician here in Austin named Matt The Electrician, a Pearl Jam song and At Dawn.

The first time she heard At Dawn come on my iPod she flipped out and wanted to know why some man was singing my song.  I explained to her that his name was Jim James and showed her some videos of the band and even a picture of Jim and I together.  Since then she's become obsessed with all things Jacket and Jim.  Last weekend I was flipping channels and found storytellers.  This is what happened next...

IMG 0012

Jon T.

She's adorable.  Kids are effing awesome!

tdb810

That is just so classic! She has got the moved down to a T!  loved it, thanks for sharing!!
.....Back at the Model Home

headhunter

that's awesome, thanks for sharing.  this just made my day.   :thumbsup:
was some shakin' and some record playin'

e_wind

damn I cant wait to hear reports of her first show. in a couple years, of course.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

dookie shoot bandit

thats awesome!!!! my 12 yr old kills it on one big holiday on guitar hero and my 4 yr old just named his new bird JJ

johnnYYac

Great vid, Cameron.  I keep trying to record my 2.5 yr. old singing Steam Engine, Bermuda Highway, or Black Metal, which she screamed for on the way home from daycare this afternoon, but everytime I put a camera or microphone in front of her, she stops and investigates the device.  D'oh! 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Cameron

thanks for the kind comments friends.  she has been to a show but she was still in mommy's belly.

johnny - i usually have the same problem with the camera but if i just kind hold my iphone on my lap she doesn't seem to notice. 

she sang some of wonderful too but her vocal skills aren't up to her headbanging skills!

davymac

That's too cute, she looks concert ready!

youreveningcoat

Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

capt. scotty

Quote from: youreveningcoat on Jun 30, 2011, 01:14 AM
Dang she headbangs better than me!

I was gonna say, she's definitely ahead of the curve in the headbanging department for her age!  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

sweatboard

Freakin AWESOME!!!  What Pearl Jam song Cameron?  There are so many, I'm going to guess "Around The Bend"?
There's Still Time.........

Cameron

Quote from: sweatboard on Jun 30, 2011, 05:32 PM
Freakin AWESOME!!!  What Pearl Jam song Cameron?  There are so many, I'm going to guess "Around The Bend"?

Elderly Woman - The idea was to keep it to short songs so I wasn't spending all night putting her to bed.  If she's fighting it I'll pull out "Golden" too.

sweatboard

Nice

When life gives you AIDS make Lemonaids.

Now that is funny.  I haven't heard it before.
There's Still Time.........

Cameron

Quote from: sweatboard on Jul 01, 2011, 09:35 AM
Nice

When life gives you AIDS make Lemonaids.

Now that is funny.  I haven't heard it before.

sarah silverman

Rizzo

Our 2.5 year old asks "are those guys rockin' out?" And then asks if he can be a rock star too.  Your girl is adorable.

iLikeBeer

Great video Cameron.  I love when she turns to you and says, "Just like Jim James."  Too cute!   :)

Tommy.Young

I want to have a daughter like that also, that listens to MMJ and loves it!!!

Congrats on the cute girl you have
MMJ be praised

StaggerLee

That is awesome!  My 2 year old son went crazy the first time he heard that song.  He already has a sweet power stance down.
Flip Flip Flipadelphia