"Z" EPK (Electronic Press Kit) DVD

Started by johnnYYac, Jun 30, 2011, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Hey, I recently got a copy of the EPK DVD for Z and ripped the DVD files for those interested.  The video is only 9 minutes long, but the DVD file is over 600 MB.  Download here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2BJKETJM

I also did a screen shot (3 actually) of the song list from this EPK.  I'm sure this was discussed before, but can anyone illuminate us on the various tracks that didn't make the cut? 

We know "How Could I Know" made it onto the "Off The Record" single/EP.  This is the track aka "Oxen", I believe.

"Chills" is on some versions of "Z" and also the OTR EP. 

"Devil's Peanut Butter" showed up on the mysterious Sundance Film Festival Sampler 2007.

What I'm not sure about is #14, which is crossed out, #15 "Milking Song", and #17 "That's 2 Bad".

Any insight, or links to previous threads, are appreciated.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

Thanks for doing this JY.  I lost a lot of stuff on my old computer and this one one of those things.  Maybe one of those two are Into the Woods.  Where's AMD and BH when you need 'em.  Also Chills was on the At Dawn demos rerelease as well, a different version I think.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

subinai

how can we hear Devil's Peanut Butter?

johnnYYac

Quote from: subinai on Jun 30, 2011, 12:32 PM
how can we hear Devil's Peanut Butter?
I'll see if its cool to post a download link.

Rob, I forgot about Into The Woods.  I'm guessing that's Milking Song, just based on the tempo and melody. 

EDIT: Out of respect for the band's wishes, I can't share "Devil's Peanut Butter".

searchinbig

Hey....I just remembered there are outtakes of Z floating around somewhere. I never got a copy and I believe the band did not want it distributed any further. Maybe those songs were on that??
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

johnnYYac

Quote from: searchinbig on Jun 30, 2011, 03:23 PM
Hey....I just remembered there are outtakes of Z floating around somewhere. I never got a copy and I believe the band did not want it distributed any further. Maybe those songs were on that??
Here's one of the earliest threads about it. 

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=4658.0

DPB was available, then pulled by the band.  Not sure about other Z outtakes, though.  Actually, the Off The Record EP has Chills and How Could I Know, plus the single and album versions of OTR.