The Pixies 2011 Doolittle "Lost Cities" tour

Started by Tracy 2112, Jul 05, 2011, 07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: bowl of soup on Aug 08, 2011, 04:24 PM
Quote from: bowl of soup on Jul 06, 2011, 09:55 AM
Quote from: mjk73 on Jul 06, 2011, 08:54 AM
Soup- If you are reading this, according to their Facebook page, be prepared. Apparently there will be some Florida dates.

November 12, 2011 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando according to FrankBlack.net.  I almost find this difficult to believe.  I mean if the world was full of people just like me the Pixies would be playing places like the Rose Bowl and Wembley everyday, but thankfully the world is not full of me and the Citrus Bowl is a BIG room.  I mean I saw Pink Floyd (PINK FLOYD!) and their giganto, mega, laser beam shooting monster ROCK Show there in the late 80's.  But if it is so, I shall be there.  Mickey Mouse, Shamu, Casey Anthony, and the Pixies - that's a party.

Well, my crack team of investigators has solved the mystery.  The Pixies are playing something called Orlando Calling (What a horribly named festival - if Orlando comes calling, one should run.  Is this a play on London Calling or something?  Are they going to thaw Joe Strummer and have a Clash reunion?).

I am very old.  The thought of a festival at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando to see a 45 minute set by my heroes makes my head spin.  Can someone cooler than me tell me if this is worthwhile.
I need help.

http://www.orlandocalling.com/

That saturday lineup is nice (with a few exceptions). I didn't know Raconteurs got back together!? :thumbsup:
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

mjk73

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Aug 08, 2011, 04:47 PM
Soup- If you are reading this, according to their Facebook page, be prepared. Apparently there will be some Florida dates.

November 12, 2011 at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando according to FrankBlack.net.  I almost find this difficult to believe.  I mean if the world was full of people just like me the Pixies would be playing places like the Rose Bowl and Wembley everyday, but thankfully the world is not full of me and the Citrus Bowl is a BIG room.  I mean I saw Pink Floyd (PINK FLOYD!) and their giganto, mega, laser beam shooting monster ROCK Show there in the late 80's.  But if it is so, I shall be there.  Mickey Mouse, Shamu, Casey Anthony, and the Pixies - that's a party.

Well, my crack team of investigators has solved the mystery.  The Pixies are playing something called Orlando Calling (What a horribly named festival - if Orlando comes calling, one should run.  Is this a play on London Calling or something?  Are they going to thaw Joe Strummer and have a Clash reunion?).

I am very old.  The thought of a festival at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando to see a 45 minute set by my heroes makes my head spin.  Can someone cooler than me tell me if this is worthwhile.
I need help.

That saturday lineup is nice (with a few exceptions). I didn't know Raconteurs got back together!? :thumbsup:
I'm disheartend that the Killers are the headliner. Also, what the fuck is the deal with that Sunday night line up? Arrrr run away is right. I do not think this is worth is Soup.

Jon T.

I need help.

There are some bands that would be worth seeing.  There are a few band on there that I'm really hoping we get for DeLuna Fest on Pcola Beach in October.  I don't think Orlando Calling is worth the money you would have to spend (tix, accomodations, food, drink...) plus as you mentioned - having to spend the weekend in Orlando.  At the Citrus Bowl.

bowl of soup

You couldn't drug me and make me go to that Sunday portion of the program.  But one dayers are available for the Saturday for $80.  The thought of the Pixies playing before the Killers makes my heart cry just a little.  I don't know.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 08, 2011, 04:54 PM
Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Aug 08, 2011, 04:47 PM

I need help.

I'm disheartend that the Killers are the headliner. Also, what the fuck is the deal with that Sunday night line up? Arrrr run away is right. I do not think this is worth is Soup.

Does it surprise you though? They sell more CD's than the other bands, bands like that will be the headliner every time. Yeah that sunday lineup sucks. Buddy Guy is awesome and Warren Haynes is good but hardly worth going for that.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!