Tot Mom - Not Guilty????

Started by BigHerm, Jul 05, 2011, 02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigHerm

I'll be sure to watch Nancy Grace tonight.  :D

Taterbug

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

megalicious

I'm sure they'll get her when she tries to steal back her sports memorabilia.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Taterbug

Those jurors must be smokin the good medical stuff.   So I wonder how they think she died ?   It was the meter reader right ?
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

BigHerm

Quote from: Taterbug on Jul 05, 2011, 03:10 PM
Those jurors must be smokin the good medical stuff.
I blame the state, not the jury. They didn't prove she did anything besides lie to the cops, which she was convicted for.

Taterbug

Quote from: BigHerm on Jul 05, 2011, 03:13 PM
I blame the state, not the jury. They didn't prove she did anything besides lie to the cops, which she was convicted for.

I disagree, the State proved without a doubt in my mind she did it.  So why would she wait 31 days to report her child drowned in the pool without having anything to hide.  Or was it the nanny kidnapping her, I can't remember all her lies.

bowl of soup

On behalf of the State of Floirida I would like to remind you that we did not let OJ free.  So we've got that going for us.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

e_wind

Quote from: Taterbug on Jul 05, 2011, 03:17 PM

I disagree, the State proved without a doubt in my mind she did it.  So why would she wait 31 days to report her child drowned in the pool without having anything to hide.  Or was it the nanny kidnapping her, I can't remember all her lies.

proving to you "in your mind" is convincing, nothing was proven, at all. we can guess based on choices and character, but there isn't proof beyond reasonable doubt
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Taterbug

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 05, 2011, 03:51 PM
Quote from: Taterbug on Jul 05, 2011, 03:17 PM

proving to you "in your mind" is convincing, nothing was proven, at all. we can guess based on choices and character, but there isn't proof beyond reasonable doubt

So you agree with the jury and would of found her not guilty ?

e_wind

absolutely. i "think" she probably caused accidental man slaughter, but she shouldn't be sentenced to death without factual evidence.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Taterbug

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 05, 2011, 04:21 PM
absolutely. i "think" she probably caused accidental man slaughter, but she shouldn't be sentenced to death without factual evidence.

If I was on that jury we would still be deliberating , Because there would be NO way I would have let this happen.  The other jurors would probably want to put duct tape over my mouth and throw me in a swamp.

BigHerm

Quote from: Taterbug on Jul 05, 2011, 04:30 PM

If I was on that jury we would still be deliberating , Because there would be NO way I would have let this happen.  The other jurors would probably want to put duct tape over my mouth and throw me in a swamp.
Where was any evidence that she killed her? They don't even know how she died...

Penny Lane

plenty of people have been found guilty based on circumstantial evidence, however it's not the norm and beyond a reasonable doubt is a pretty heavy burden of persuasion

i didn't follow this as much, but it seemed like in the OJ case there was more of a motive and also more physical evidence..so i don't think this was as blantant of an error

i feel bad for her parents..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote from: BigHerm on Jul 05, 2011, 04:32 PM

Where was any evidence that she killed her? They don't even know how she died...

nope...i believe all tests were inconclusive

Taterbug

Quote from: BigHerm on Jul 05, 2011, 04:32 PM

You don't need a cause of death.   In Illinois we can have a conviction in a capital murder case on hearsay alone.

kydiddle

Whether she did it or not, the whole case seems screwy. What with the accusations of incest and abuse and the dad supposedly covering up his granddaughter's death. And that fake babysitter... How do you ever get the truth when everyone is pointing fingers. What's really sad about this whole thing is that something awful happened to that little girl and it's highly unlikely anyone will be punished for it.
Cow temperature.

Taterbug

Quote from: bowl of soup on Jul 05, 2011, 03:42 PM
On behalf of the State of Floirida I would like to remind you that we did not let OJ free.  So we've got that going for us.

You also get credit for getting George Bush elected,  Never forget the hanging chads  ;) ;D

Penny Lane

Quote from: kydiddle on Jul 05, 2011, 05:17 PM
Whether she did it or not, the whole case seems screwy. What with the accusations of incest and abuse and the dad supposedly covering up his granddaughter's death. And that fake babysitter... How do you ever get the truth when everyone is pointing fingers. What's really sad about this whole thing is that something awful happened to that little girl and it's highly unlikely anyone will be punished for it.

i guess it was an awesome defense..distract distract distract...the parents are caught in the middle, having to defend their actions but they can't defend anything strong enough that might implicate their daughter and send her to the chair...

TGMC421

Disgusting. After all the shit I have seen and heard from this bitch for the past three years it is pretty obvious who is guilty here.

Tracy 2112

The other jurors would probably want to put duct tape over my mouth and throw me in a swamp.

Man, I've been trying to rally people to get this done here for years    ;)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.