VIDEO UP!!!!Our impromptu cover of "Touch Me Pt 2". For your consideration.

Started by DejaView2011, Jul 11, 2011, 12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DejaView2011

:D Ok....
       So I got an Omnichord weeks ago, but have been so busy finishing up the downstairs renovations I've not had much chance to play with it. Tonight, after dinner and several glasses of wine Cody and I decided to take a crack at covering MMJ's Black Cab sessions version of "Touch Me Pt 2" with just the Omnichord and nothing else. I don't think it came out too bad for the first time through. We'll get it RIGHT and rerecord it later this week for everyone. LIBRARIAN will be our next cover video for ya'll if you enjoy this. Just remember. we were...... enhanced a little. LOL.
                      Uploading it now, it's kinda psychadelic, so ENJOY!!!   
                                               John & Cody (Dejaview 2011)

PUT ON YOUR 3-D GLASSES NOW!!!! John & Cody Cover My Morning Jacket's "Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Part 2"
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

DejaView2011

DejaView2011

Ok. So, technology won today and a glitch rendered the clip unusable.  BOO! BUT, tomorrow we're going to just record it again. This time since there's some prep time it may involve a cosmic Cape. I promise. When you hear Cody singing Jim with the lasers and other visuals going on you may accuse him of lyp synching! But we're just hoping to have some fun, record some live video MMJ covers and maybe even take a request or two. We'll get this rollin along tomorrow though. Sorry for the delay friends.

Tracy 2112

yuo bteter od smoething, tihs si truning itno oen fo teh wrost htreads eevr
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

DejaView2011

Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 13, 2011, 12:59 AM
deja! ;)

Victory Dance (Cover) My Morning Jacket
???
OK!! I see what you went and done now! This was SPECTACULAR and completely blows away our drunken, 3:00am caterwalling! LOL. But the bar's been raised and I think that upon wiring up the recording studio this week, we may have to go in and officially cut some MMj songs ourselves. This one was just AWESOME!

DejaView2011

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jul 12, 2011, 11:19 PM
yuo bteter od smoething, tihs si truning itno oen fo teh wrost htreads eevr
Somehow, I understood that. MY DYSLEXIA FINALLY CAME IN USEFUL FOR SOMETHING!!!

BH

Nice work Deja!   Very cool.   He does sound a bit like Jim!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

davymac

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

DejaView2011

Quote from: davymac on Jul 13, 2011, 10:54 AM
Very sick cover deja! thanks for sharing
Thanks BH and Davy! We were completely innebriated and it was around 3:00. Lol. We're gonna. Take a serious crack at it this week. But wait until you hear him sing "Librarian"! Its downright CREEPY how much he channels Jim. Glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to make. Those lasers kept blinding us both! Lol.

BigHerm

DejaView2011

sittingcow

Love the lights! Good cover! Would have loved to have an enhanced evening there with ya'll!

Non Sin Breaux

[url="https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas"]https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas[/url]

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

DejaView2011

Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 13, 2011, 11:50 PM
Nice vid deja!  That looks like a good time :thumbsup:
If there's one thing we know how to do Ruckus, its HAVE A GOOD TIME! Still interested in having a MMJ barbecue here at the house before the Charlotte show.!

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons