VIDEO UP!!!!Our impromptu cover of "Touch Me Pt 2". For your consideration.

Started by DejaView2011, Jul 11, 2011, 12:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Quote from: Non Sin Diego Breaux on Jul 15, 2011, 02:45 AM
I think you guys should Re Title this thread Great Victory Dance cover inside.  :coffee:

thats rude.

deja, that was great. when I met cody, he was so shy, im surprised he put a video up of him singin. that makes me wanna get an omnichord cause you and yac both make it seem so easy
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

DejaView2011

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 15, 2011, 10:45 PM
I think you guys should Re Title this thread Great Victory Dance cover inside.  :coffee:

thats rude.

deja, that was great. when I met cody, he was so shy, im surprised he put a video up of him singin. that makes me wanna get an omnichord cause you and yac both make it seem so easy
Thank You Brother. I thought it was a bit uncalled for too. Cody has really started coming out of his shell and music is a big part of that. I really didn't see any comparison between our "in the moment, off the cuff" fun jam we wanted to share with anyone and that over-produced, auto-tuned and over compressed studio recording that took weeks to record, master and then film a faux lyp synced video to make it look "spontaneous ". One was fun. One was a polished, finished product. As a producer and 25 year vet of the music business this crap doesn't affect me anymore. Its not a competition. If you're making music to just always be better than someone else, you're in the wrong business and miss the point entirely. My other question to our rude friend is " Where's YOUR video of you doing ANYTHING?" Until you ante up a little something to offer other than negative, unwanted commentary, you should look at yourself and ask what have YOU contributed. We did it RAW. No mics. No auto-tune, no prep. You just showed no class.
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

Ruckus

Quote from: DejaView2011 on Jul 13, 2011, 07:04 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 13, 2011, 12:59 AM
deja! ;)

Victory Dance (Cover) My Morning Jacket
???
OK!! I see what you went and done now! This was SPECTACULAR and completely blows away our drunken, 3:00am caterwalling! LOL. But the bar's been raised and I think that upon wiring up the recording studio this week, we may have to go in and officially cut some MMj songs ourselves. This one was just AWESOME!
I was actually just drunk and came across it and posted it.  Actually didn't really like it too much.  Sorry to the artist that recorded it.  Was just killing time until the REAL vid was uploaded.  Ha!  Man, I wish Charlotte wasn't so far away because a Sunday night show is ideal for me. :(
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

blucas

Dat sounded good and had a nice vibe to it too. If I had that setup, I'd be up at 3:00 AM alot too.  :dankk2:
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

DejaView2011

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 15, 2011, 10:45 PM

thats rude.

And YES! U should get an Omnichord! They really are fun, even if you know nothing about playing mmusic at all!

johnnYYac

So you're happy with the OM-100?  Sounded good.  I don't remember sending you the chords for Touch Me 2.  Did you find them elsewhere or figure it out on your own?  I'm not brave enough to sing, yet.  Good job. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

DejaView2011

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 17, 2011, 09:02 AM
So you're happy with the OM-100?  Sounded good.  I don't remember sending you the chords for Touch Me 2.  Did you find them elsewhere or figure it out on your own?  I'm not brave enough to sing, yet.  Good job.
[quote/]
   I Love it  :-\Johnny!!! Thanks so much for helping me make the proper choice. I've been a guitar collector my whole life (at 31 now) but knew nothing on the OC. Cody's loving it a LOT! /I figured out the chords to Touch Me pt2 in about 30 seconds, as its a 1,4,5 progression based on all minors. Very cool and fun to play.i

e_wind

Johnny/Deja

I just bought what seems like a pretty full feature omnichord on my iPad, and info you can give me on how t set it us for this sound? Im hardly a musician, I more so like playing with my iPad. I've dabbled on instruments growing up, but I basically know nothing about playing music.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...