Does anyone know Patrick very well?

Started by ARoush777, Jan 30, 2010, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARoush777

I was in a grocery store last night and i am nearly 100% sure I saw and spoke to Patrick Hallahan. I walked up to him and said "don't i know you?". Then I said "are you in a band?".  He quickly said no and sped away.  Is this how he would react to a fan approaching him?
I Never Knew For Sure...  What A Wonderful Man He Was.

aMillionDreams

No, he is very approachable. Maybe it was one of his brothers.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ARoush777

mjkoehler

I always got the impression that he'd give you either a hug or a high 5. Like a big teddy bear...

capt. scotty

If I ever met him, I would start rocking out and singing/humming the breakdown of Run Thru and hope he ensues with clock arms
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ynwa

i often dream of meeting (someone famous, that i adore) and coming up with some really funny/super cool opener.  when, in reality, i'd probably be like a deer in headlights; either be lost for words or say something totally dumb & then possibly even drool on myself.

this thread is making me smile big.  aMD's comment gives me comfort - they are normal, down to earth guys.  they're just in a band that happens to rock my motherfucking socks off!

at the very least, if this dream meeting did occur and i did totally spaz out (highly likely) - i feel ok with knowing they could at least crack up aboout it afterwards.  and i would not be offended.  love these guys!

"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

shananana

QuoteIf I ever met him, I would start rocking out and singing/humming the breakdown of Run Thru and hope he ensues with clock arms
I love the clock arms.  They just make me smile.  And boogey.

ms. yvon

QuoteIf I ever met him, I would start rocking out and singing/humming the breakdown of Run Thru and hope he ensues with clock arms
if you ever meet him, i hope this happens, too.  [smiley=grin.gif]
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

kydiddle

Please do this. You just made my evening with that visual. HA.
Cow temperature.

sweatboard

Patrick is a master at his insturment, he's on a diffrent LEVEL than you.  Do not try to speak to him as if you were another human-being.  He only speaks "awesome", and you don't know it.  
There's Still Time.........

ARoush777

that would suck if that were true.  I'd like to think of my morning jacket as nomal guys who happen to be in the greatest band on the planet.

shananana

QuotePatrick is a master at his insturment, he's on a diffrent LEVEL than you.  Do not try to speak to him as if you were another human-being.  He only speaks "awesome", and you don't know it.  

LOL ;D

kev

QuotePatrick is a master at his insturment, he's on a diffrent LEVEL than you.  Do not try to speak to him as if you were another human-being.  He only speaks "awesome", and you don't know it.  

This made me laugh - HARD!!!  ...only speaks "awesome", and you don't know it.  I'm definitely going to start using that!!!

FiddleCastro

Please do this. You just made my evening with that visual. HA.
;D
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

wordawg

Met him in Glasgow about 4 years ago.  Smashing bloke, really friendly.

You'd like him.

A real nice guy.

the future is Ginger

lasvegas

have spoken to him on more than one occasion, def not how he would react.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Erik26

I have a drum stick from Seattle '08. That's as close as I have gotten.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

wonderfulman

Met him at Bonnaroo this past year. Real nice guy and is 100% approachable.

doctorinthehouse

QuoteI always got the impression that he'd give you either a hug or a high 5. Like a big teddy bear...

That's exactly how it was when I met him. I introduced myself and he recognised me from the forum and gave me a big teddy bear hug. It was just before a show and the lads were moving their own gear into the theatre. A lovely experience!
The experiment requires that you continue.

kymomandstuff

I've seen them both!!!Patrick and the look alike.We were going to see Old Crow,Dave Rawlings and Gillian Welch last Summer at Waterfront park and there he stood looking all Patrick like.I asked him if he knew he had a pretty awesome drumming twin out there and he smiled and said he did.
But the real Patrick would've owned his "Patrickness"  for sure.I mean seriously,if you were Patrick Hallahan wouldn't you admit it?Hell,I'd have it printed on my shirt."Yes,I AM Patrick Hallahan and actually I DO Rock". ;D
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.