Main Menu

Help!

Started by goose, Jul 14, 2011, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose

So, I got this text from m buddy today.  I was wondering if you all could help me with a little topic.  I know I haven't been on here in a while, but I'm sure my fellow fans could help out.  Please read the text below:

Today on the "afternoon underdogs" on sports radio 790, tony vanetti claimed MMJ to not be a rock band. i jokingly emailed him to say he was wrong. if you get a chance, lets blow up his email with reasons he is wrong. maybe help from the board? would be funny and would make my afternoon tomorrow enjoyable.

This could be fun.  The email is below, and thanks in advanced!

tony@790wkrd.com
Hooked on four like one, two, three

jones

rusty95

I heard the broadcast.  He was repeatedly riding them and then would say"hey they are a good band just not a rock band."  he said " that's not rock, that's Prince". As they were playing it in the background.  He needs to see them live, anyone who has not seen them live has no business judging them. 

Problem with Tony,  to him there is only one kind of rock.  When in reality they are many forms of rock n roll.

Really this is one thing that makes this band so great.  We could debate for decades about what genre mmj is. 
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

Bigsky

I believe everyone here is pretty wrong...MMJ is not a rock band...MMJ is a Thrust-in-your-face Rock band  :thumbsup:

Tracy 2112

This guy doesn't think MMJ is a rock band? I can live with that.

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Taterbug

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jul 15, 2011, 10:22 AM
This guy doesn't think MMJ is a rock band? I can live with that.

I'm with ya on that.  I bet he thinks Michael Bolton is a golden god  :thumbsup:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

mjk73

ryno11111

This guy is one of the biggest douchebags in Louisville.  I am glad to not  have him riding on the ole' bandwagon. 

bunk_moreland

Quote from: ryno11111 on Jul 15, 2011, 12:15 PM
This guy is one of the biggest douchebags in Louisville.  I am glad to not  have him riding on the ole' bandwagon. 

For serious, anybody that's lived the Louisville area for a while can testify to this.
If you've ever seen a movie or tv show featuring a totally stereotypical douchebag wild-man dj character, that's EXACTLY what Vanetti's like in real life.  He's the guy that when you're waiting on him in a restaurant he speaks in his radio voice to make sure that you recognize him but then acts like he's being completely casual.  He's that guy that thinks being an afternoon DJ in a non-top 50 media market makes you a big-time local celebrity.
Years ago I worked in a restaurant near whatever station he was working for at the time and he came in a few times a week for lunch.  Shitty tipper, too.  Tool. 

If he stood next to me at an MMJ show wearing an "I Love Jim/Tom/Carl/Bo/Patrick/Pooch & Denise" t-shirt and sang every song at the top of his lungs while continuously handing me $100 bills, he'd still be a pile of excrement.
"I just saw My Morning Jacket--They blew my pants off!" - Jimmy Fallon

bunk_moreland

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 15, 2011, 02:22 PM
I just had an email written to him that said "MMJ isn't a rock band and you're a celebrity." but I don't think he'd get it, who the fuck is he? I've lived here since day one and I have no clue who he is.

Back in the day he was the afternoon guy at WQMF.  Have no idea where he is now.  If you remember back when we still had a minor league hockey team, he was the voice on the radio commercials that said "We're gonna romp-uh in the swamp-uh!"
"I just saw My Morning Jacket--They blew my pants off!" - Jimmy Fallon

Bigsky

Quote from: bunk_moreland on Jul 15, 2011, 02:24 PM

For serious, anybody that's lived the Louisville area for a while can testify to this.
If you've ever seen a movie or tv show featuring a totally stereotypical douchebag wild-man dj character, that's EXACTLY what Vanetti's like in real life.  He's the guy that when you're waiting on him in a restaurant he speaks in his radio voice to make sure that you recognize him but then acts like he's being completely casual.  He's that guy that thinks being an afternoon DJ in a non-top 50 media market makes you a big-time local celebrity.
Years ago I worked in a restaurant near whatever station he was working for at the time and he came in a few times a week for lunch.  Shitty tipper, too.  Tool. 

If he stood next to me at an MMJ show wearing an "I Love Jim/Tom/Carl/Bo/Patrick/Pooch & Denise" t-shirt and sang every song at the top of his lungs while continuously handing me $100 bills, he'd still be a pile of excrement.

I just emailed him your post... ;D

Bigsky

Quote from: Bigsky on Jul 15, 2011, 02:39 PM
Quote from: bunk_moreland on Jul 15, 2011, 02:24 PM

I just emailed him your post... ;D

I just got a response from Mr. Tony Tool....

"WOW.sorry you feel that way and yes in 1993 I might have been tool.Its 2011.hope you can give me a chance to redeem myself. I never stiffed anybody on a tip...I might have been a tool but i tipped well"

AlwxanderD10

I'm just gonna email him alink to this thread... ;D

Hawkeye

Quote from: AlwxanderD10 on Jul 16, 2011, 01:20 AM
I'm just gonna email him alink to this thread... ;D

Ha!  This is great.  I just watched "Storytellers" again last night (for the 100th time, I think...I've seen way more of Penny than I ever thought I would..."Not that there's anything wrong with that").  I'm not sure what you'd call "One Big Holiday," other than rock 'n roll, seriously.  One song does not a band make, but come one.  Honest Man, Easy Morning Rebel, Evelyn, etc, etc.  With that being said, genre elusivity is one of my favorite things about the band.

Note:  I don't think elusivity is a word, but it sounds better than elusiveness.
We could.

e_wind

afternoon underdogs are broadcasting from my work later in the month today...

though i'm not going to start a fight with this guy or anything, i'm gonna ask him how he feels about this.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

Ok these guys are just fucking assholes. First they said that education is second to athletics in universities. Then they were talking about if they'd rather have a son that was a ky fan or gay... ON AIR TO AN ENTIRE CITY. how do people like that get a public voice.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ryno11111

Douchebags will be douchebags.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: e_wind on Aug 31, 2011, 04:37 PM
Ok these guys are just fucking assholes. First they said that education is second to athletics in universities. Then they were talking about if they'd rather have a son that was a ky fan or gay... ON AIR TO AN ENTIRE CITY. how do people like that get a public voice.

American loves stupid

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ms. yvon

when i read the first post about this guy this is exactly what popped into my head:
Quote from: mjk73 on Jul 15, 2011, 10:42 AM
Cock
;D
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Sweet Nothing

This is too funny, you all are rock and roll and that guy just rocks cock! :'(