Breaking Bad Discussion

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Jul 17, 2011, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

oh so far walt and jesse have come.  so many questions to be answered.  will walt become even higher up on the ladder, perhaps taking over Gus' old spot?  will his family survive?  will hank recover in time to tear shit up? let's do it.  tonight 10pm.  look forward to some after show reviews.  this thread contains spoilers from this point on.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

pretty... pretty.. pretty good.  the ending was a nice "welcome back" moment. 

ericm

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jul 17, 2011, 11:06 PM

Yeah, I thought so too.

Not for nothing, but Walt is the MAN! Dude stares down the big C, and after that is like f*ck it, bring it, game on!
"Where's Jim going?"

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: ericm on Jul 18, 2011, 12:03 AM
Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jul 17, 2011, 11:06 PM

Yeah, I thought so too.

Not for nothing, but Walt is the MAN! Dude stares down the big C, and after that is like f*ck it, bring it, game on!

they really give you your basic cables hours worth.  that scene with them in the meth lab with gus was not typical television.  it's so cinematic.   what does gus have to say about what walt did?  nothing.  totally knew that guy was going to die once gus started suiting up. 

Jesse eating breakfest was pretty great acting.  the dude is so beat down and tired, eating some pancakes probably in shock still.  he seemed even more diluted, like he's on some death trip now.  survival of the fittest.  "now we're on the same page".  shit was solid.  love how they started with the Gale subplot.

johnnYYac

Pretty sick start to season 4.  I love that Gus says nothing until just before leaving the lab.  Sometimes actions speak louder than words.  And then to follow that with the Walking Dead promo was some good ol' fashioned violence.  It makes you wonder what we are capable of, given circumstances.  What a great summer- Breaking Bad, Louis, Wilfred, Curb Your Enthusiasm. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 19, 2011, 09:47 AM
Pretty sick start to season 4.  I love that Gus says nothing until just before leaving the lab.  Sometimes actions speak louder than words.  And then to follow that with the Walking Dead promo was some good ol' fashioned violence.  It makes you wonder what we are capable of, given circumstances.  What a great summer- Breaking Bad, Louis, Wilfred, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

that walking dead shit was tiiight.  he looks so exhausted when he's taking out those zombies with that rock.  can't wait for a full season of zombies.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

johnnYYac

I haven't looked forward to TV like this since The Shield.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 24, 2011, 07:39 PM
I haven't looked forward to TV like this since The Shield.

is the shield awesome? I never got a chance to watch it until the end of the last season.  would it suck to watch it knowing the ending?  but back to breaking bad.

what the fuck will even happen tonight? these episode names are fucking intense:

1.) "Box Cutter"
2.) "Thirty-Eight Snub"
3.) "Open House"
4.) "Bullet Points"
5.) "Shotgun"
6.) "Cornered"
7.) "Problem Dog"

so aggressive...

darkglow

dude the ending from this week's episode was psychedelic and very deep

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: darkglow on Jul 24, 2011, 11:02 PM
dude the ending from this week's episode was psychedelic and very deep

I really liked this episode a lot.  opening scene with ellsworth giving walt advice about how to draw tickled me in my under pants a little.  It's cool how they're showing Jesse's emotions now slowly start to sweep out.  he must keep hearing Gale's voice in his head or something, hence trying to keep himself distracted.  really great writing, patient when it needs to be.   skyler is such a dumb dandruff flake.  Mike is the man, I think the key to him is his daughter.  Gus and Walt truly have a life or death game of chess going right now.  Gus is powerful enough to hold off the Cartel, Walt's a genius and whatever but fuck.  how are they not going to die this season? haha, I think it'd be sweet if Walt died of cancer at the end of the series.  he'll probably get  melted in a vat of acid by jesse while skyler watches.  such a great show.

Is hank looking for the blue hue in the meth Yac, you teach chemistry right?

TEO

just watched my first episode this morning: snub. dude, like, i am so hooked...now i gots to find and watch all of the other seasons!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

johnnYYac

Sticky, I'm not sure what Hank's looking for, but interesting take.  I don't teach enough chemistry to compete with Walt's product.  ;)

el_chode

I think Hank is looking to understand chemistry a bit better. It's definitely something.

I just want to know how they take care of the loose ends re: the notebook.
I'm surrounded by assholes

johnnYYac

Quote from: el_chode on Jul 27, 2011, 08:52 AM
I think Hank is looking to understand chemistry a bit better. It's definitely something.

I just want to know how they take care of the loose ends re: the notebook.
the day is coming...

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

So Hank knows Jesse is connected to Heisenberg and the RV was the proof right?  It'll be interesting to see where the notebook leads him or perhaps his partner (gomez?).  if his partner solves it Hank would probably kill himself.   

el_chode

I can see Hank turning a blind eye or even becoming complicit.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: el_chode on Jul 27, 2011, 11:52 PM

I think he's pissed as fuck at Marie for taking the money from Skyler and Walt.  I think he's as pissed as Walt was at his ex- and her husband who offered to pay for his shit.   the way the season is running, which has been what? like 5days so far in two episodes.  how fast can Hank believably recover?  It seems like it will take the entire season at the current rate.  Maybe if he finds out Gus is involved he'll put that together as the Cartel shootings and think Gus is Heisenberg... Gus takes the fall for Walt's bullshit?  Saul representing Gus would be hilarious. 

el_chode

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jul 28, 2011, 12:02 AM
Quote from: el_chode on Jul 27, 2011, 11:52 PM

I think he's pissed as fuck at Marie for taking the money from Skyler and Walt.  I think he's as pissed as Walt was at his ex- and her husband who offered to pay for his shit.   the way the season is running, which has been what? like 5days so far in two episodes.  how fast can Hank believably recover?  It seems like it will take the entire season at the current rate.  Maybe if he finds out Gus is involved he'll put that together as the Cartel shootings and think Gus is Heisenberg... Gus takes the fall for Walt's bullshit?  Saul representing Gus would be hilarious.

I think you're on to something. Walt wants Gus out, right? Well, things have a funny way of working themselves out, ya know? I can totally see that, except the problem becomes if Gus goes, then what happens to the lab?

Mike's gotta have more going on than we know.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Mike is without a doubt a major variable in what the end outcome is going to be if you ask me.  pulling his gun on Gus when Vic was neck sliced, drinking at the bar constantly, helping walt and jesse put the dude in the vat of acid, etc.  Mike is getting tangled in their web of bullshit and he's going to have to eventually pick a side if he hasn't already. 

he's one of my favorite characters for sure.