Main Menu

Spotify

Started by Crispy, Jul 20, 2011, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Aug 15, 2011, 06:34 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Aug 15, 2011, 02:15 PM
Quote from: he.who.forgets on Aug 15, 2011, 02:13 PM
So can someone explain to me how to search for other users (other than fb friends)?

mjk noted earlier how to do it: type "spotify:user:"[username] in the search box. For me, that would be "spotify:user:crispyinstilly"
word, I added you (i have the same username as on this forum) now if I can find this MMJ playlist to add to :-\

Just click this link: http://open.spotify.com/user/doholdhands/playlist/2nGxYDTzvivJx5AMJQh4JP  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

he.who.forgets

Crispy

Great stuff, y'all. Hey Sara, this was your idea, where are your tunes?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 16, 2011, 05:10 PM

You can't see them? I have added two so far, Laura Marling and Queen, throwing in some Salem Al Fakir now as well  :)

Crispy

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Aug 17, 2011, 12:36 PM

You can't see them? I have added two so far, Laura Marling and Queen, throwing in some Salem Al Fakir now as well  :)

Hmm, not seeing yours. I had an issue with the playlist not refreshing yesterday so I restarted and that was fixed, but I'm still not able to see your tunes. They're not your own local files, are they?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 17, 2011, 03:01 PM

Hmm, not seeing yours. I had an issue with the playlist not refreshing yesterday so I restarted and that was fixed, but I'm still not able to see your tunes. They're not your own local files, are they?

How strange and no, not local files. Can anyone else see them?  ???

Crispy

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Aug 17, 2011, 03:25 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Aug 17, 2011, 03:01 PM

How strange and no, not local files. Can anyone else see them?  ???

Aha, I think I figured it out -- I had the setting 'Hide unplayable tracks' selected, and I guess a couple of yours are unavailable to us yankees.  :-\

el_chode

I just got it, but I don't get it.
I'm surrounded by assholes

SaraBananaBear

el_chode

no i mean i get it, i just don't get the hype. so i can listen to my own music while being told i should also like Drake? That's all I see...everlast and drake.

Crispy

Quote from: el_chode on Aug 18, 2011, 07:32 PM
no i mean i get it, i just don't get the hype. so i can listen to my own music while being told i should also like Drake? That's all I see...everlast and drake.

I think it's more about having a super-easy and fast way to give and get recommendations from friends, which maybe you don't do much of, I don't know. I know I'm getting a hell of lot out of it, but then I never tried to do the same thing with Napster, Pandora, Grooveshark, et al.

mjk73

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 18, 2011, 07:36 PM

I think it's more about having a super-easy and fast way to give and get recommendations from friends, which maybe you don't do much of, I don't know. I know I'm getting a hell of lot out of it, but then I never tried to do the same thing with Napster, Pandora, Grooveshark, et al.
Plus it's a great way to listen to albums you don't have. I've been using it to preview albums I want to buy.

Clarkwork

Love Spotify!!  Great way to check out tunes
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Ruckus

Loving the forum mix btw.  Thanks guys!  I can always count on aLady to introduce me to new, cool stuff. :thumbsup:

Edit:  I iz Tall E Shortz
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 18, 2011, 11:39 PM
Loving the forum mix btw.  Thanks guys!  I can always count on aLady to introduce me to new, cool stuff. :thumbsup:

ALady's picks in there are SUPER sweet.

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Aug 18, 2011, 11:41 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 18, 2011, 11:39 PM

ALady's picks in there are SUPER sweet.
Yeah, she got me into Woodsman a few months back but the other two are quite brilliant as well.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

ALady

Thanks guys.  Seeing Woodsman tonight actually  :)

Solid picks from the rest of you guys too!  I'm loving Spotify - I've always felt iffy about downloading music (not to mention it takes up a TON of space on my computer and I'm too lazy/indifferent/sentimental to delete much) so as mjk said this is a great way to check things out without committing.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 18, 2011, 07:39 PM

Plus it's a great way to listen to albums you don't have. I've been using it to preview albums I want to buy.

Agreed and agreed!  :thumbsup:

el_chode

Well then you fckers need to start sending me shit pronto. I am elchode

I'll see if I can preview the new malkmus there.

el_chode

Also, why is some stuff duplicated. Example: Safe as Milk by Capt. Beefheart is doubled up. I don't have this album, so it's not like it's sourcing it locally