Main Menu

Spotify

Started by Crispy, Jul 20, 2011, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: el_chode on Aug 19, 2011, 06:59 PM
Also, why is some stuff duplicated. Example: Safe as Milk by Capt. Beefheart is doubled up. I don't have this album, so it's not like it's sourcing it locally

Not sure, it's a new problem, it wasn't like that to start with, but now there are some doubles here and there. Possibly some glitch from expanding?
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

el_chode

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Aug 21, 2011, 06:19 AM
Also, why is some stuff duplicated. Example: Safe as Milk by Capt. Beefheart is doubled up. I don't have this album, so it's not like it's sourcing it locally

Not sure, it's a new problem, it wasn't like that to start with, but now there are some doubles here and there. Possibly some glitch from expanding?

I just want to make sure I don't own things that I didn't know that I owned.

It'd be nice to sort of "uncheck" every other track to ensure that I don't play songs twice and get the album experience.

Otherwise, I'm starting to get it, but have a new complaint:

The advertisement said 'click here to listen to the new Stephen Malkmus" so I did. And the songs were listed, and then it told me I needed to own the songs to listen to them. Well that sort of defeats the purpose, right?
I'm surrounded by assholes

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: el_chode on Aug 21, 2011, 10:49 AM

It'd be nice to sort of "uncheck" every other track to ensure that I don't play songs twice and get the album experience.

The advertisement said 'click here to listen to the new Stephen Malkmus" so I did. And the songs were listed, and then it told me I needed to own the songs to listen to them. Well that sort of defeats the purpose, right?

Well either you can click the title of an album and play only that album, or you can use the queue feature and queue more than one album and it'll only play the songs in queue. I don't have advertisement anymore, but when I did you could always play the songs in them, dunno, another glitch perhaps? What's more annoying is that there's one artist named M. Ward and another named M Ward... I've written to them about that though, so hopefully they will solve it soonish. Then there's some spelling errors here and there like Bright Eyes "Amy in the White Coat" being spelled "Army in the White Coat", but that's pretty much the only problems I have.
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

el_chode

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Aug 21, 2011, 04:40 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Aug 21, 2011, 10:49 AM

Well either you can click the title of an album and play only that album, or you can use the queue feature and queue more than one album and it'll only play the songs in queue. I don't have advertisement anymore, but when I did you could always play the songs in them, dunno, another glitch perhaps? What's more annoying is that there's one artist named M. Ward and another named M Ward... I've written to them about that though, so hopefully they will solve it soonish. Then there's some spelling errors here and there like Bright Eyes "Amy in the White Coat" being spelled "Army in the White Coat", but that's pretty much the only problems I have.

Well the ad came up on the bottom, so I clicked it and the page for the album came up. There was a full tracklisting, but they were all greyed out. I clicked all over - the artist, album, each track, etc, and it just kept telling me "this album currently not available. purchase the songs and import them if you want to listen" or somehting to that effect.

el_chode

Actually I think it was a mistake - if I do a search for the album it doesn't come up.

ALady

Yeah, you can't preview stuff that hasn't actually been released yet.   ;)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

el_chode

That's why I was so excited!

buymycar

Quote from: ALady on Aug 22, 2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah, you can't preview stuff that hasn't actually been released yet.   ;)

NPR's been doing a pretty good job of that.  ;)

ALady

Indeed, Spinner too.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

he.who.forgets

Good stuff on the playlist...I added you all, hope you dont mind

e_wind

my name on spotify is e-wind again. people add me cause I dont know how.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

he.who.forgets

Quote from: e_wind on Aug 24, 2011, 12:09 PM
my name on spotify is e-wind again. people add me cause I dont know how.
Added

mjk73

Will add tonight.

So ALady and I have invites. I know True needs one. Who else? I have 3, I'm assuming she has that many as well.

Penny Lane

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 24, 2011, 01:10 PM
Will add tonight.

So ALady and I have invites. I know True needs one. Who else? I have 3, I'm assuming she has that many as well.

me me me!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjk73

Quote from: Penny Lane on Aug 24, 2011, 01:19 PM
Will add tonight.

me me me!
ok. You are the 3rd. I'll set it up tonight

Penny Lane

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 24, 2011, 02:53 PM
Will add tonight.

me me me!

Crispy sent me one, thanks!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjk73

Quote from: Penny Lane on Aug 24, 2011, 03:27 PM
Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 24, 2011, 02:53 PM
Will add tonight.

me me me!

Crispy sent me one, thanks!
Sure

el_chode

Made a Hurricane Irene collaborative playlist if anyone wants to contribute:

Hurricane Irene

I hope I did this right.

I just ask you don't put on Dylan's Hurricane or the Scorpions

johnnYYac

I guess I need one of them fancy Spotify invites, if anyone's got a spare.

:dankk2:

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

Pm me ur email if u haven't gotten 1 yet
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head