Richmond Fontaine - Your new favourite band!

Started by ralph, Jul 21, 2011, 07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph

Keep dropping this bands name here. Its time they got a place of their own! If any band should come with a money back guarantee this is the band...  :thumbsup:

Lets start with this:

Richmond Fontaine - The Boyfriends / THEY SHOOT MUSIC

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ralph

TheBigChicken

DAMN GOOD call Ralph.....loving this dude !!!!
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

ralph

Quote from: TheBigChicken on Jul 21, 2011, 08:16 AM
DAMN GOOD call Ralph.....loving this dude !!!!

One more for TheBigChicken!

Seriously, they're fucken awesome!

Richmond Fontaine - Always On The Ride

mjk73

Yep. DB turned me on to them some time ago.

MarkW

Capsized - Richmond Fontaine

Plenty of love for Richmond Fontaine on here.  In addition to Dragonboy mentioned above, I think IHL has seen them a few times, too.

Check out Willy Vlautin's book, Motel Life.  It's like reading one of his albums.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

rincon

Such an arrogant and presumptuous title to the thread. It just might be true, though. Gotta find out more about them.

Tracy 2112

just cut to the chase and make this your new favorite band   ;)

Son Volt on Austin City Limits
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ralph

Quote from: rincon on Jul 21, 2011, 11:30 AM
Such an arrogant and presumptuous title to the thread. It just might be true, though. Gotta find out more about them.

Nah, not arrogance mate, said in humor. But it may turn out to be true!

I shall only ever be serious on this board from now on... ;)

rincon

Quote from: ralph on Jul 21, 2011, 05:00 PM

I meant your title just might be true. I was being sarcastic because I was impressed by the first video. Never heard of them. Son Volt is also the shit. I like em far better than the highly overrated(IN My Opinion) Wilco. I want to like em more, but Tweedy sounds to flat and depressed.

dragonboy

Just posted this & then saw your thread...

Just saw Willy & Dan from Richmond Fontaine perform a painfully short 30min set previewing songs from their new album due Sept 5th. We got front row seats & got to meet both of the guys & the whole thing was just about perfect (except for the length of the set)
Can't wait to see them again performing Post To Wire & the new album in their entirety in Sept & another regular show in Oct.
I'm reading Lean On Pete right now & have been listening to We Used To Think...a lot. If Richmond Fontaine weren't my favourite band right now they sure as hell are now after last night  :)

RF should appeal to fans of DBT & Wilco & should be so much bigger than they are. I have a serious crush on Willy Vlautin  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TheBigChicken

been listening to this guy ALL day..... :) :) :) :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

mjk73

Quote from: rincon on Jul 21, 2011, 05:46 PM
Quote from: ralph on Jul 21, 2011, 05:00 PM

I meant your title just might be true. I was being sarcastic because I was impressed by the first video. Never heard of them. Son Volt is also the shit. I like em far better than the highly overrated(IN My Opinion) Wilco. I want to like em more, but Tweedy sounds to flat and depressed.
Finally, someone who agrees with me about Wilco. I hate them actually but love Son Volt. It's blasphemy to say you do not like Jeff Tweedy in the StLouis area but yeah, Jay is better IMO.

dragonboy

Want to keep your thread up near the top Ralph  :)

Does everyone have $87? Along with Fell Into Painting Houses, Song For James Welch is probably my fav Richmond Fontaine song.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

dragonboy

dragonboy

ralph

Post To Wire from start to finish is just going to be awesome. Enjoy DB...

Love the new song, it's very old school Richmond Fontaine!

ralph

New Album available for download from their site now.  Sounds great so far...

dragonboy

Any thoughts on the new album? Some great tracks, no surprises there (On A Spree is my fav right now) but I do find myself skipping the 'story' tracks...

ralph

Quote from: dragonboy on Sep 24, 2011, 06:22 AM
Any thoughts on the new album? Some great tracks, no surprises there (On A Spree is my fav right now) but I do find myself skipping the 'story' tracks...

How were the shows DB?

Agree with your sentiments on the new record. The story kind of stops the flow of some great songs. Still a pretty solid effort though...