I Miss Jim's Long Hair

Started by trish_dooley, May 06, 2010, 10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdb810

that's all...random, just wanted to put that out there.

thanks, goodnite
.....Back at the Model Home

tdb810

this is what i am talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ZMh_3Byrk

my first show....that curtain dropped and all i could see was hair!!!!

and i was hooked

and this was shorter than before

just keeps getting shorter

but its all good as long as that voice doesn't change

FiddleCastro

Amen.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

capt. scotty

The whole band needs to go back to the Cousin It look
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

you two stop moaning...he's a superfly smoking sex machine right now on stage...the holster, the shorter hair, the brownfits (like my new word?)!! LUV LUV LUV this look....you should all be strivin for it!! ;)

Cousin it is so circa 2004!! YY is f-in off the charts! SRSLY, i heard KY had to restrain herself....

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

vespachick

Quoteyou two stop moaning...he's a superfly smoking sex machine right now on stage...the holster, the shorter hair, the brownfits (like my new word?)!! LUV LUV LUV this look....you should all be strivin for it!! ;)

Cousin it is so circa 2004!! YY is f-in off the charts! SRSLY, i heard KY had to restrain herself....

Brownfits.  ;D ;D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

FiddleCastro

Yeah.. instead of throwing herself at him, she threw ME.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

br00ke

Quotethis is what i am talking about

and i was hooked

ha, that was my first show too .. they blew me away in unexpected ways

tdb810

and i was hooked

ha, that was my first show too .. they blew me away in unexpected ways

well put!  i will always remember the hair, the moon boots, and Dondante ;)

bluesky

that was my first show too!!

and i was hooked

and this was shorter than before

just keeps getting shorter

ALady

Quoteyou two stop moaning...he's a superfly smoking sex machine right now on stage...the holster, the shorter hair, the brownfits (like my new word?)!! LUV LUV LUV this look....you should all be strivin for it!! ;)

Brownfits.  ;D ;D

Y'all seen the sharkskins?   ;)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

MMJ_fanatic

Y'all should've been around when they were rocking the long tresses and Jim was still playing barefoot!  Talk about dedicattion to the rootsiness of the music.
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

tdb810

QuoteY'all should've been around when they were rocking the long tresses and Jim was still playing barefoot!  Talk about dedicattion to the rootsiness of the music.

YES!

bluesky

I missed them that year. My co worker came in after they opened for the Doves (whom I was listening to at the time) and said "I saw this band you would really love; they were barefoot and long haired". He's doesn't know how right he was! I had just moved to NYC and was broke, bummed I missed out!

QuoteY'all should've been around when they were rocking the long tresses and Jim was still playing barefoot!  Talk about dedicattion to the rootsiness of the music.

YES!

ynwa

yup, saw 'em @ field day festival in 2003.  the weather was dreadful, it was just pouring down rain.  but there they were - rocking the fuck out, stomping in puddles, hair everywhere, jim barefoot...  badass and oh so dreamy!!!

there is a short clip from that show up on youtube (search "my morning jacket field day festival") but i can't seem to get it to play today.  it's a small glimpse of the awesomeness but a giant tease at the same time.

anyway, i'm not really fond of guys w/ long hair or facial hair but there's just something about jim.  he's super dreamy.  whatever "look" he's sporting - he always looks good  ;)

"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

manicfanatic

Yup,  saw them for the first time with the long hair and bare feet in Philly back in the fall of 2003.
"We're the heirs to the glimmering world"

ynwa

it's only 1:43 but you'll get the idea.  i wish there was more footage from this show - i remember it was out of control awesome, a definite highlight of the day.  but there doesn't seem to be any other recording out there (audio or video), not even a set list.  it's like a ghost show!  (except for this clip, of course)  you want jim james w/ long hair???

the youtube field day festival clip is working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRyCma3lh5E&feature=player_embedded

"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

capt. scotty

anyway, i'm not really fond of guys w/ long hair or facial hair but there's just something about jim.  he's super dreamy.  whatever "look" he's sporting - he always looks good  ;)

I dont think Ive heard this since the last time I watched The Brady Bunch  ;D

And after watching that Field Day clip or any other old school clip, how can yinz all NOT want the long hair to be back in bizness?!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

tdb810

I dont think Ive heard this since the last time I watched The Brady Bunch  ;D

And after watching that Field Day clip or any other old school clip, how can yinz all NOT want the long hair to be back in bizness?!

DREAMY indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

tdb810

Quoteit's only 1:43 but you'll get the idea.  i wish there was more footage from this show - i remember it was out of control awesome, a definite highlight of the day.  but there doesn't seem to be any other recording out there (audio or video), not even a set list.  it's like a ghost show!  (except for this clip, of course)  you want jim james w/ long hair???

the youtube field day festival clip is working:

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRyCma3lh5E&feature=player_embedded