I have a new asshole.

Started by foomex, Jul 22, 2011, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foomex

Lay Low... what the hell is that?!

I listened to it for the first time, ever, this week during my full "Z" first listen. It started and I thought, man thats cool, then the jam started and I was tripping all over thinking, I don't want this to end :o, and it didn't, longest beautiful jam and it only got better and better, it totally shred me a new one.

I can't stop playing it, seriously, I can't, I wake up, go to work with LayLow on the car, airjamming with the wheel and everything, get to work, listen to it a couple of times, do the same in the car for lunch break, and on the way back from lunch break.

Then I get back to work, play it a couple of times more and finally listen to it on my home. It's just incredible, and I'm getting good shifting between 1st and 2nd guitar and drums on my airjams.

W O W.

Jon T.

Most charming thread title ever?  I think so!  ;D

You need to seek out the Lay Low from the Louisiville Waterfront show 8/16/08.  There's no telling what that version will do to you!

TEO

Ahhh...The Waterfront Show...such fond memories... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jon T.

Quote from: TEO on Jul 22, 2011, 10:39 AM
Ahhh...The Waterfront Show...such fond memories... :)

:) indeed

jones

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jon T. on Jul 22, 2011, 10:37 AM
Most charming thread title ever?  I think so!  ;D

You need to seek out the Lay Low from the Louisiville Waterfront show 8/16/08.  There's no telling what that version will do to you!
Clicka da link                                               ^                ^

Well, I'll be dipped!  I didn't have this one.  Have to give it a listen meself.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

lasvegas

congrats on the new turd cutter.

imo 'lay low' was in it's prime during 2006.

one of the best:
http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2006-12-01.Electric_Factory_WXPN_FM_SBD

Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Jon T.

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 22, 2011, 11:16 AM

Well, I'll be dipped!  I didn't have this one.  Have to give it a listen meself.

Dude. Dude? Duuuuude!

Im The Dude

Quote from: Jon T. on Jul 22, 2011, 10:37 AM
Most charming thread title ever?   I think so!  ;D

right on!

Lay Low is mind blowing stuff! It's my favorite live songs to hear....love that guitar solo.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

foomex

Quote from: lasvegas on Jul 22, 2011, 11:37 AM

one of the best:
Love that version of LAY LORD lol
I can't get enough of this song. If they don't play it I'm going to kill myself. And if they do I'll probably die with excitement on the first drum pedal sound.

e_wind

what show are you going to foo?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Ruckus

Quote from: foomex on Jul 22, 2011, 01:33 PM

one of the best:
I can't get enough of this song. If they don't play it I'm going to kill myself. And if they do I'll probably die with excitement on the first drum pedal sound.
Just so you're not bummed out, Patrick doesn't play for the 1st half of the song.  It's a looped, prerecorded track
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

lasvegas

Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 22, 2011, 02:22 PM
Just so you're not bummed out, Patrick doesn't play for the 1st half of the song.  It's a looped, prerecorded track

so bunk.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Tracy 2112

Quote from: lasvegas on Jul 22, 2011, 04:32 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 22, 2011, 02:22 PM

so bunk.

Teacup Chihuahua with Attitude
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

foomex

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 22, 2011, 02:11 PM
what show are you going to foo?
Boston BoA 8/14... and if god plays on my team, Boston Museum of Fine Arts too :P

darkglow

Quote from: foomex on Jul 22, 2011, 01:33 PM

one of the best:

listening to this show recording and G.D. this sounds awesome.. that PWW that followed = the shit

capt. scotty

I havent been looking at setlists for a reason, but with a simple yes or no, have they started playing the entire Lay Low again yet frequently?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

foomex

I hope theyre playing it at all. I havent chacked setlists either. I hate that. I did copy-pasted two setlists to my +1 so she can learn a couple of songs, but i avoided eye contact with the list.

Crispy

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jul 22, 2011, 09:08 PM
I havent been looking at setlists for a reason, but with a simple yes or no, have they started playing the entire Lay Low again yet frequently?
Are you confusing Lay Low with Run Thru? Or are you just wasted again?  ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 22, 2011, 10:20 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Jul 22, 2011, 09:08 PM
Are you confusing Lay Low with Run Thru? Or are you just wasted again?  ;)

Not wasted (yet), and not confusing them..last year they were playing just the 2nd half of both songs pretty consistently. I think the 2nd half Run Thru started being played earlier than 2nd half/Lay Low Jam though
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons