Started by CTdeadhead, Aug 01, 2011, 04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Quote from: bowl of soup on Aug 02, 2011, 02:17 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Aug 02, 2011, 01:19 PM
Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 02, 2011, 10:24 AM
Quote from: bowl of soup on Aug 02, 2011, 09:56 AM
Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 01, 2011, 05:10 PM
I do believe at 1 point, the guy in the blue shirt was going to take his shirt off.  :-\

Well, his sex was on fire.
uhhh....touche. Well played sir. Well played.

sex parts (-Yim)

If your sex parts are on fire, you should consult a doctor at once as this could be a sign a bigger problems.  Now if your sex is on fire, remove your shirt for the world to enjoy.

I know a ton about music and have been going to live shows since 1979. I am pretty sure he is speaking metaphorically; I wouldn't worry about it. I have written a ton of songs (and 3 raps) and I believe when he says fire he is implying heat, not a real fire. Friction, maybe? Passion? Some raw emotion that makes to persperiaer sweat? If you're not an artist, like me and Kaleb, you ain't gonna get it   :-\
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

bowl of soup

I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

oistheone

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 01, 2011, 07:08 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 01, 2011, 05:19 PM
In their defense, it sounds like its appropriate to cancel a tour if the lead singer is suffering from a) exhaustion/vocal issues or b) substance abuse issues...I would hate to pay a ton of money for a lackluster show...it doesn't sound like their typical primadona BS
I do hope that they get help

HOWEVER

Everything with this band the last few years has been a calculated move to make them seem like this ginormous pop band. Certainly bigger than they really are. I hate to say the timing is suspect, but with the deat of Amy Winehouse, this just screams to me that it's not real. Call me cynical. I used to love these guys, a lot, but less than stellar music, and primadonna attitudes have ruined them for me.

Agree agree agree. Very glad to see I'm not the only skeptic in town.

Tracy 2112

perhaps the most NON rock and roll move ever at the 15 second mark followed by the most typical rock and roll rhetoric on the planet. Holy shit what happened to these guys?

Kings of Leon - Caleb exits from Dallas concert
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Jon T.

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Aug 04, 2011, 09:13 PM
perhaps the most NON rock and roll move ever at the 15 second mark followed by the most typical rock and roll rhetoric on the planet. Holy shit what happened to these guys?

I thought that was a wrassling move (15 sec mark).

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Jon T. on Aug 04, 2011, 09:41 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Aug 04, 2011, 09:13 PM

I thought that was a wrassling move (15 sec mark).

Caleb is the newest member of degeneration x, apperantly.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ghosts_on_TV

I've come to the conclusion that even if their next album is the best thing they've ever done, im still going to hate this band. Kind of sad really.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

weeniebeenie

They used to be so good. Shame really.
How loud can silence get?

Jaimoe

Aldous Snow (Russell Brand from Get Him To The Greek) vs Kings of Leon:

http://shotgunshackblog.com/2010/12/01/kings-of-leon-get-their-aldous-snow-on/

wolof7

HHAH that video is soooooo racist what were they thinking?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Jaimoe

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 18, 2011, 05:31 PM
HHAH that video is soooooo racist what were they thinking?

It aired on a couple of my music TV channels when it came out, but I haven't seen it in rotation in quite some time. Methinks it was pulled for content and all-round badness.