Main Menu

Queens of Leon!!

Started by CTdeadhead, Aug 01, 2011, 04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTdeadhead

I just cant stand these dickheads anymore!!  They last 2 cds sucked, and now this?

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/kings-of-leon-cancel-u-s-tour-20110801

kymomandstuff

Obvious "issues",but knowing their past behavior that could be the ac not working on their private jet. ::)
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Taterbug

I didn't know the cast of Jersey Shore liked KOL  :P
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

mjk73

I do believe at 1 point, the guy in the blue shirt was going to take his shirt off.  :-\

wolof7

In their defense, it sounds like its appropriate to cancel a tour if the lead singer is suffering from a) exhaustion/vocal issues or b) substance abuse issues...I would hate to pay a ton of money for a lackluster show...it doesn't sound like their typical primadona BS
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Taterbug

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 01, 2011, 05:10 PM
I do believe at 1 point, the guy in the blue shirt was going to take his shirt off.  :-\

The dude in the blue shirt showed a lot of restraint when the chick in the pink & white shirt was swinging at him.  She is lucky she didnt get snookied. 

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

e_wind

if you dont take your shirt off YOUR NOT A MAN
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mjk73

Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 01, 2011, 05:19 PM
In their defense, it sounds like its appropriate to cancel a tour if the lead singer is suffering from a) exhaustion/vocal issues or b) substance abuse issues...I would hate to pay a ton of money for a lackluster show...it doesn't sound like their typical primadona BS
I do hope that they get help

HOWEVER

Everything with this band the last few years has been a calculated move to make them seem like this ginormous pop band. Certainly bigger than they really are. I hate to say the timing is suspect, but with the deat of Amy Winehouse, this just screams to me that it's not real. Call me cynical. I used to love these guys, a lot, but less than stellar music, and primadonna attitudes have ruined them for me.

e_wind

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 01, 2011, 07:08 PM
I used to love these guys, a lot, but less than stellar music, and primadonna attitudes have ruined them for me.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

wolof7

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 01, 2011, 07:08 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Aug 01, 2011, 05:19 PM
I do hope that they get help

HOWEVER

Everything with this band the last few years has been a calculated move to make them seem like this ginormous pop band. Certainly bigger than they really are. I hate to say the timing is suspect, but with the deat of Amy Winehouse, this just screams to me that it's not real. Call me cynical. I used to love these guys, a lot, but less than stellar music, and primadonna attitudes have ruined them for me.

I agree with almost all of this...I doubt it is untrue bc they have detailed there history of excesses without restraint in the past...but then again who knows?

Has anyone seen the trailer for their documentary? I think this is the last nail in the coffin for me...they really come off as ultimate douches

TALIHINA SKY: THE STORY OF KINGS OF LEON TRAILER
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Randall

This sucks!  We just bought an extra ticket YESTERDAY for Hartford so that our son could go with us to his second concert.  I got a confirmatory email this evening that the event is canceled.  I hope that Band of Horses (the main reason we got tickets in the first place) pick up some dates at some nearby venues.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Randall on Aug 01, 2011, 09:20 PM
This sucks!  We just bought an extra ticket YESTERDAY for Hartford so that our son could go with us to his second concert.  I got a confirmatory email this evening that the event is canceled.  I hope that Band of Horses (the main reason we got tickets in the first place) pick up some dates at some nearby venues.

They (boh) just posted on Facebook that they are weighing their options.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Penny Lane

I think his jeans are so tight that they're obstructing the passage of air to his vocal chords, rendering him unable to sing..

also, i kinda wanna see the movie, i heard their crazy uncle (holding the snake) steals the movie..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjk73

Quote from: Penny Lane on Aug 01, 2011, 09:54 PM
also, i kinda wanna see the movie, i heard their crazy uncle (holding the snake) steals the movie..
is it a trouser snake? The most dangerous snake in the world

touchingmept2

I know it sounds lame but, for what its worth, I know where talihina is. It's pretty much a small town that is ran by my native Choctaw tribe.
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

bowl of soup

Well, his sex was on fire.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

mjk73

Quote from: bowl of soup on Aug 02, 2011, 09:56 AM

uhhh....touche. Well played sir. Well played.

Penny Lane

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 02, 2011, 10:24 AM

sex parts (-Yim)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bowl of soup

Quote from: Penny Lane on Aug 02, 2011, 01:19 PM
Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 02, 2011, 10:24 AM

sex parts (-Yim)

If your sex parts are on fire, you should consult a doctor at once as this could be a sign a bigger problems.  Now if your sex is on fire, remove your shirt for the world to enjoy.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.