Forum Fantasy Football 2011

Started by Ruckus, Aug 04, 2011, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Just let me know who to paypal and it's there :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this 12 team mock draft I'm doing at 10 pm EST tonight.

Hey Corey, you aren't olewiggum on the DBT board are ya?  I was lurking the other day after I found out Mcmurtry was playing with Isbell and I came across a Wooden Wand thread actually started by Toth.  I've been a fan of his for some time and his album 2nd Attention with the Sky High Band was one of my favorites from last decade.  Or that's not you at all and I'll shut up
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

aMillionDreams

I'd rather not take the reins this time, but I will if no one else volunteers.

Still waiting to hear back from my boss about whether or not I need to go in tonight.  If I do I'll be cleaning kegs and drafting at the same time.  Advantage: everyone but me.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Aug 31, 2011, 02:33 PM
Just let me know who to paypal and it's there :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this 12 team mock draft I'm doing at 10 pm EST tonight.

Hey Corey, you aren't olewiggum on the DBT board are ya?  I was lurking the other day after I found out Mcmurtry was playing with Isbell and I came across a Wooden Wand thread actually started by Toth.  I've been a fan of his for some time and his album 2nd Attention with the Sky High Band was one of my favorites from last decade.  Or that's not you at all and I'll shut up

he is! i just found that out, too..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Aug 31, 2011, 02:50 PM
I'd rather not take the reins this time, but I will if no one else volunteers.

Still waiting to hear back from my boss about whether or not I need to go in tonight.  If I do I'll be cleaning kegs and drafting at the same time.  Advantage: everyone but me.

sorry, D! that sucks...

(but better for The Pickle if ya know what i mean)

capt. scotty

So I started strategerizing today, and so far its looking like....

1st round: Gates
2nd: Berrian
3rd: Ware
4th: Posluszny
5th: Carson Palmer

...and Im probably going best player available from there. my team should be tits.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

kotchishm

I'm the commish in another league and we use www.leaguesafe.com commissioner sets it up sends invites to everyone and the money is held and then released once the commish sets it, there's a 3% fee for using debit card to pay which is $0.60 for a $20 entry.  We use it because of everyone being spread out across the country.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

corey

That's me on the DBT board. I'm an admin over there. I used to be olwiggum here also, but changed my name a few years ago because I was meeting some folks at a show and it seemed kinda weird to walk up to someone in person and say, "Hi, I'm olwiggum".  :)

Ruckus

Right on wiggum! :thumbsup: 

Just got home to a dark home again as apparently another main transformer blew up.  Managed to scramble crosstown to a buddies' place with power and interwebs just in time before he left for some kickball.

Enjoying a Flying Dog Imperial IPA Simcoe right now.  Absolutely the best 10% ABV out there.  Delish

Ruckus

It was going to take more than a lot of gin to make me draft Mike Vrabel.  Whoever drafted him had balls of steel

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 01, 2011, 09:15 AM
It was going to take more than a lot of gin to make me draft Mike Vrabel.  Whoever drafted him had balls of steel

This sucks! ..but how is it fair? shouldn't Yahoo auto-draft with another player?

so i guess i drop a player and add?

Ruckus

Quote from: Penny Lane on Sep 01, 2011, 09:34 AM

This sucks! ..but how is it fair? shouldn't Yahoo auto-draft with another player?
Just drop him and add Andy Katzenmoyer

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 01, 2011, 09:39 AM

;D i hope you're hung over

pawpaw

;D

That was fun! I'm pretty stoked on my team, though I couldn't help myself and already started tweaking my bench this morning. Can't fuckin' wait for the season to start!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ManNamedTruth

Can't wait to see how the Chargers do this season.  ;D
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Hawkeye

I don't know what to think of my team...Vick needs to stay healthy, for sure.  And throw the ball to Jackson a lot!  Didn't put much thought into my IDP's.  I hope Bob Sanders has a big comeback year, and I know Ed Reed was thinking about retirement...I hope he comes to play...he is a ball hawk so I thought it was worth the chance.  Mario Williams is apparently playing standing up on most downs this year?  That should be interesting.  My running back stable has potential but no for-sure's in there either...

Good luck everyone.  Draft was fun...I almost spit out my beer a few times.   ;D
We could.

Clarkwork

Quote from: Hawkeye on Sep 01, 2011, 04:01 PM
I don't know what to think of my team...Vick needs to stay healthy, for sure.  And throw the ball to Jackson a lot!  Didn't put much thought into my IDP's.  I hope Bob Sanders has a big comeback year, and I know Ed Reed was thinking about retirement...I hope he comes to play...he is a ball hawk so I thought it was worth the chance.  Mario Williams is apparently playing standing up on most downs this year?  That should be interesting.  My running back stable has potential but no for-sure's in there either...

Good luck everyone.  Draft was fun...I almost spit out my beer a few times.   ;D

Give you Aaron ROgers for Vick if you are concerned about his health. 

Enjoyed the draft as well, went by nice and fast.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ruckus on Sep 01, 2011, 09:39 AM

or Bobby Carpenter
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

Sorry if this is a stupid question or it's been posted, but is the entire score system the default yahoo scoring system? I know Corey mentioned that in the chat room the other night that the QB scoring is but is everything the same?

How do defensive players score?

capt. scotty

Quote from: Penny Lane on Sep 02, 2011, 10:30 AM
Sorry if this is a stupid question or it's been posted, but is the entire score system the default yahoo scoring system? I know Corey mentioned that in the chat room the other night that the QB scoring is but is everything the same?

How do defensive players score?

Under the "League" tab, there is a Scoring & Settings section you can click on. You can get all that info there.

corey

I think we tweaked a setting or 3 over the last few years, but the majority of it is standard Yahoo scoring.