anyone know about  this band?

Started by krantz99, Jun 07, 2010, 09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike

So I was in my local indie record store on Friday and the owner tipped me off to a record cause he knows I love MMJ. Its a band called Delta Spirit and apparently Bo produces thier new record " History From Below " that is out tomorrow and I believe Carl was listed on the credits playing on at least one song. Anybody familiar with these guys?

twofingers

Yeah they're great! Their latest record is great (White Table is my favorite song on it right now, just got it last week) and "Ode to Sunshine" is a great record.

I was not aware that Bo and Carl had their hands on it, makes it even better.
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

capt. scotty

Havent heard the new one yet, didnt realize it was actually coming out tomorrow. Delta Spirit, Blitzen Trapper, and Deer Tick all tomorrow. Im too poor to blow $30 on music in one day  :(

But yeah, Ode To Sunshine is very good. One of my favorite albums from 2008. FYI, they have a bunch of song sessions on daytrotter.com
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

wakebord

i stumbled upon these guys a few years ago somehow through myspace music. they are really good.  trashcan, french quarter, streetwalker, strange vine, gimme some motivation are some great songs to check out.  awesome that bo produced the new album!

twofingers

QuoteHavent heard the new one yet, didnt realize it was actually coming out tomorrow. Delta Spirit, Blitzen Trapper, and Deer Tick all tomorrow. Im too poor to blow $30 on music in one day  :(

But yeah, Ode To Sunshine is very good. One of my favorite albums from 2008. FYI, they have a bunch of song sessions on daytrotter.com

I've posted one DayTrotter session here: http://thesteamengine.blogspot.com/2010/05/off-to-summercamp.html

mike

Many thanks for the info. I will pick this up for sure. I did find this article ( among others) that does include the guys talking about recording with Bo.

http://www.thealternateside.org/news/2010/apr/12/tas-session-delta-spirit/

walterfredo

Delta Spirit is awesome.  I've seen them twice within the last year and loved them both times.

wakebord

really enjoying this album.  i've listened to delta spirit for a few years and really like the soul their music conveys.  the piano parts have always been a big part of their sound, but i can't help but think that bo producing it really added to that even more.  the piano lines on "golden state" are so great.

twofingers