Hangout Music Festival Approved for 2012!!!

Started by bold992006, Aug 30, 2011, 11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davymac

RHCP on the beach is the best thing going for the hangout this year IMO

el_chode

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 08, 2012, 01:30 PM
I'm with you 115% chode.

Unfortunately Forevastle WILL have a couple electronic acts

I don't mind electronic music, but dubstep is the musical equivalent of an overly-hoppy beer - it just adds a gimmick to disguise the lack of actual quality craftmanship and skill.

Also they have the absolute most annoying fans. Maybe it provides an auditory high or something, because they act like it is the greatest form of music ever created and incessantly push it on you with one phrase, "you like dubstep, bro?" It's like perpetually being in the third level of inception and not being able to wake up.
I'm surrounded by assholes

e_wind

Quote from: davymac on Feb 08, 2012, 01:32 PM

RHCP actually makes me wish I could go somewhat.

RHCP + Wilco + F'Lips DSOTM is a nice triple threat for me. Not to mention the undercard has some.  DMB, JAck White, and SCI just aren't doing it for me though. I know Jack white is Jack White, but we haven't heard his solo work yet... Give me the Racentuers. For me festival line ups rely heavily on Headliners that I wouldn't otherwise see. Which is Paul Simon was way more exciting that Wilco or F'Lips (2 of my favorite).

End rant.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

davymac

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 08, 2012, 02:04 PM

RHCP + Wilco + F'Lips DSOTM is a nice triple threat for me. Not to mention the undercard has some.  DMB, JAck White, and SCI just aren't doing it for me though. I know Jack white is Jack White, but we haven't heard his solo work yet... Give me the Racentuers. For me festival line ups rely heavily on Headliners that I wouldn't otherwise see. Which is Paul Simon was way more exciting that Wilco or F'Lips (2 of my favorite).

End rant.

haha agreed.  It would be hard to top last years hangout, I just hope they work out issues such as the line to get in everyday, the cramped feeling i got once inside the site, and of course the overflowing port a potties!

BTW one post away from 3000 ewind?  :thumbsup:

Penny Lane

Quote from: davymac on Feb 08, 2012, 02:51 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Feb 08, 2012, 02:04 PM

End rant.

haha agreed.  It would be hard to top last years hangout, I just hope they work out issues such as the line to get in everyday, the cramped feeling i got once inside the site, and of course the overflowing port a potties!

BTW one post away from 3000 ewind?  :thumbsup:

giving me competition or what?!  ;)

in no way does this year's lineup touch last year---
SCI and DBM (sorry, Ghosts)?! Yuck
RHCP= Foo Fighters 
Steve Winwood not quite = Paul Simon but good enough
Wilco + Jack White=save this festival from being disappointing
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

rmpotsy

out go the lights it begins

bold992006

Same here...I was going no matter who was on the lineup but Wilco and Jack White...I'd pretty much go to any festival that has those two on the bill.   

I've only heard two Jack songs so far it is already better than the Raconteurs for me.  I would've loved the Dead Weather but I'll take Jack...you know he's going to bring it..and bring a great band along with him.

I don't really rely on headliners for festivals...last year I sat in the back and listened to a few Paul Simon songs....I wasn't a huge Foo's fan but I did enjoy their set and I'm not a big WSP fan...but I still had a blast.  I actually like this years headliners better. 

I think people first reaction is "not as good as last year.."  which right now is probably true a little...but I think it is closer than people think...or at least I think so.

bold992006

also anyone going to this...make it a point to see the Devil Makes Three...they are so good.

evilurges86

Quote from: bold992006 on Feb 08, 2012, 06:12 PM
Same here...I was going no matter who was on the lineup but Wilco and Jack White...I'd pretty much go to any festival that has those two on the bill.   

I've only heard two Jack songs so far it is already better than the Raconteurs for me.  I would've loved the Dead Weather but I'll take Jack...you know he's going to bring it..and bring a great band along with him.

I don't really rely on headliners for festivals...last year I sat in the back and listened to a few Paul Simon songs....I wasn't a huge Foo's fan but I did enjoy their set and I'm not a big WSP fan...but I still had a blast.  I actually like this years headliners better. 

I think people first reaction is "not as good as last year.."  which right now is probably true a little...but I think it is closer than people think...or at least I think so.
[/quote

:thumbsup:
this festival was such a great experience for me... as well as  outside of the festival itself. THe road trip, the  time spent on the beach and celebrating our favorite bands with my music loving friends was the best vacation EVER ( not to mention this was the place i fell in  to with yours truly, mmj, my first live show) the line up wont bring me back this year, but I will always appreciate hangout 2011 and i would highly reccomend going if you dig some of the headliners. JAHWW WONT REGRET ITT YO!!
done gushing over hangout's awesomeness for now   ;) Forecastle dont let me down!
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

evilurges86

"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

Jon T.

All of you beach seeking festival goers keep an eye on DeLuna Fest this year.  http://delunafest.com/  It has been pretty weak the last two years, but seems like this might be the big one for them.  I've come across some pretty credible leaks and this looks like it's going to be pretty huge.

Luna Moth

SCI at the Ryman was great. They brought out Sam Bush, Andy Hall, and some other dude for an all out shreddin bluegrass ho-down. The Bonnaroo show was fun too, floating T-Rex, human sized balloon balls, a dude in a jet-pack, moth-man floating in the air on balloons. SCI on the beach will be one of the highlights of the entire festival. "yuck" is a terrible word to use here.

STS9 anyone?

bold992006

According to Pollstar Delta Spirit and The Heartless Bastards have been added.  More additions coming this week.  Love both these bands.

Luna Moth

Kascade, Umphrey's, Delta Spirit, Heartless Bastards, Greyboy Allstars, Givers

EnriqueBell

Yupie! I have been waiting for this festival after last event. Finally fun  is back. Friends get up and start preparing for the fun.

South Miami Beach Restaurant
[url="//www.pearlmiamibeach.com"]www.pearlmiamibeach.com[/url]