One Big Holiday Documentary

Started by Bearxtacy, Sep 01, 2011, 11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearxtacy

Is it anywhere online? Would love to watch it. Thanks in advance

Allison.akel@gmail.com

were you able to find the documentary??? i'm searching and can't find it!

ffghtrs

i never knew there was a documentary, if anyone finds it let me know.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

johnnYYac

This is the documentary included in the deluxe vinyl package for Circuital.  It was produced by former MMJ drummer Christopher Guetig.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2011982/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1   

"One Big Holiday" provides a rare behind-the-scenes look at the symbiotic love affair that exists between one of America's hottest bands, My Morning Jacket, and their hometown of Louisville, Kentucky. Beautifully shot in HD, this grassroots film tells a story about the unique relationship between a band, and an emerging American city that has its own distinctive heritage and blossoming indie music scene. One Big Holiday chronicles the preparations of My Morning Jacket as the band returned to Louisville, KY to play a homecoming concert in the newly opened KFC Yum! Center in October 2010. The film combines gorgeous footage of Louisville, rehearsals with My Morning Jacket and the Louisville Youth Orchestra (LYO), juxtaposed with the three-hour homecoming concert. Also included are rare interviews with the members of the band, former Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson, local music store ear x-tacy owner John Timmons.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

lpkell2145

Where could one procure this elusive documentary? Please do tell.
20 times I wish you'd understand...

LeanneP

Hot damn that trailer looks amazing! I had to go pick it up on Youtube, tho, since it didn't work on the IMDB page.  Heck, maybe I should just link that trailer up right here:

Preview of My Morning Jacket Presents: One Big Holiday
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

johnnYYac

Quote from: lpkell2145 on Dec 14, 2012, 11:23 AM

Where could one procure this elusive documentary? Please do tell.
As of now, its only available with the Circuital box set.  Some of these come up on eBay from time to time.  Its a nice package, but if you're not into vinyl, might not be worth it.

This is the least expensive I've ever seen for the deluxe LP package... $69.14 w/free shipping!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MY-MORNING-JACKET-CIRCUITAL-BOX-SET-180GM-GREEN-VINYL-LMTD-ED-VINYL-NEW-/150808346407?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item231ce0bf27

Don't know of any plans to release the DVD alone at this time. 

ffghtrs

i really hope they release another pressing of this or just the dvd, i'll be all over that.  also it would be so cool to see a Red Rocks dvd, i talk about it a lot but those shows were exceptional.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

jcoyote

Quote from: ffghtrs on Dec 16, 2012, 07:49 AM
i really hope they release another pressing of this or just the dvd, i'll be all over that. 

Man, have you been rubbing the magic lamp?  In my  search to determine whether I was going to purchase this.  I would hope warpage is fixed in the later sets, I ran across this link.  Sorry to make you click the link, but it may be getting another release.  I did not see any other thread it would fit better in, since you just posted three days ago. 

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/index.php?/topic/82450-my-morning-jacket-%E2%80%94-circuital-2xlp-regular-and-deluxe/

Enjoy. 

jcoyote

Man, that link worked yesterday.  Should have known it was too good to be true.  Priced @ $89.99. 

Sorry. 

johnnYYac

The eBay link above is still $69.14 w/free shipping. 10 available.