Rugby World Cup

Started by youreveningcoat, Sep 08, 2011, 03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youreveningcoat

Starts Tonight!!!!!
Hopefully i'm going to the opening ceremony :)
Go the All Blacks  :D :D :D :D

Rugby World Cup 2011 [Promo]
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

MarkW

Nice - have a great time!  Should be an interesting tournament.  I'm going to have to find a bar in Spain showing the England/Argentina game at the weekend...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjk73

These guys are insane

youreveningcoat

Quote from: MarkW on Sep 08, 2011, 04:55 PM
Nice - have a great time!  Should be an interesting tournament.  I'm going to have to find a bar in Spain showing the England/Argentina game at the weekend...

That should be a good game Argentina get better every year I swear.

Quote from: mjk73 on Sep 08, 2011, 05:10 PM
These guys are insane

Hahahahaha! That's our national sport mate! If you grew up in New Zealand (Like I did) you would be playing it!

MarkW

Can't ask for a better start than 41-10...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjk73

Quote from: youreveningcoat on Sep 09, 2011, 12:12 AM
These guys are insane

Hahahahaha! That's our national sport mate! If you grew up in New Zealand (Like I did) you would be playing it!
American football isn't exactly sane either mind you, but we at least have pads and helmets. Not that do much when 340 lbs and pissed off defensive linemen hit you running full steam. Now why don't we have an Australian Rules Football thread. That shits crazy also.

youreveningcoat

Quote from: MarkW on Sep 09, 2011, 06:38 AM
Can't ask for a better start than 41-10...

Ohhhh man All Blacks all the way baby!

Quote from: mjk73 on Sep 09, 2011, 08:46 AM
Quote from: youreveningcoat on Sep 09, 2011, 12:12 AM
These guys are insane

American football isn't exactly sane either mind you, but we at least have pads and helmets. Not that do much when 340 lbs and pissed off defensive linemen hit you running full steam. Now why don't we have an Australian Rules Football thread. That shits crazy also.

Yeah AFL is like a big mosh pit of dudes in sleeveless shirts jumping on each other. :P It is pretty crazy hahaha

MarkW

England just squeaked through - pretty unimpressive.

And talking of mental, I watched the All-Ireland hurling last weekend. That's a bunch of psychos armed with sticks hitting a small hard ball at head height and running into each other.

youreveningcoat

Yeah just, I think Argentina deserved that one but what the hell was wrong with Jonny??
Did you manage to find a bar showing it?

youreveningcoat

New Zealand vs France in the final!

Come on New Zealand...!

Paulie_Walnuts

Should have been a Wales v NZ final. Wales were stuffed by a shocking refereeing decision from a half-French ref!

Final will be a bit of a non-event........easy NZ victory!
Paulie W

youreveningcoat

I agree it should've been Wales.  And that's what i'm praying for an easy NZ win, but those French can be unpredictable...

Jaimoe

I didn't stay up to watch the World Cup feed with topnotch NZ announcers (3:30am is a tough start time), but the replay on NBC is fairly torturous thanks its brutal commentators.